S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Turbo build

Old 09-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo build

Hey guys its been awhile since I posted anything been busy with work and school. I'm really consider going for a turbo build. Looking for about 350-400whp would you guys have a recommended turbo kit, tips?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:54 AM

whats your budget, the ptuning and sos turbo kits are the most complete kits and come with pretty much everything to install, tune and drive, but theres a bunch of other kits that will get you to ur power goals for far less money.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
whats your budget, the ptuning and sos turbo kits are the most complete kits and come with pretty much everything to install, tune and drive, but theres a bunch of other kits that will get you to ur power goals for far less money.
Budget would be around 5k. Wouldn't mind doing a custom build just wouldn't know what all I would need. I just wanna see what turbo kits are out there.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2SICC
Originally Posted by passmans2kny' timestamp='1378752863' post='22769102
Budget would be around 5k. Wouldn't mind doing a custom build just wouldn't know what all I would need. I just wanna see what turbo kits are out there.
5k is what you are going to spend on the kit itself. Everything else is going to cost more (fuel setup, clutch, misc.) It adds up quick even for a mild build.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by baZurk
Originally Posted by S2SICC' timestamp='1378755704' post='22769209
[quote name='passmans2kny' timestamp='1378752863' post='22769102']
5k is what you are going to spend on the kit itself. Everything else is going to cost more (fuel setup, clutch, misc.) It adds up quick even for a mild build.
[/quote]
What kit would you suggest for 350-400?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by S2SICC' timestamp='1378755704' post='22769209
[quote name='passmans2kny' timestamp='1378752863' post='22769102']
[/quote]
Old 09-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by S2SICC
You have to tell us what you need from the kit. Does it have to be daily driven reliable? Do you want something mild and tucked away? Do you want a show car? Something that looks good? Street car? Quick response?

If you don't want to relocate any AC lines or even the stock heatshield, go with SOS. Call them up, tell them what it is you want, and they will let you know what you need. If they feel that their kit doesn't fit the bill, I am sure they will recommend another kit. Trackforged has a kit that you can run without relocating anything I believe, and if you wanted, that kit is able to support some big numbers if you crank up the boost.

Once you decide on a kit then you have to pick out specifics. What turbo? Which hotside? What exhaust?

Just keep this in mind during your build.

It isn't all about the numbers.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by S2SICC' timestamp='1378756939' post='22769260
You have to tell us what you need from the kit. Does it have to be daily driven reliable? Do you want something mild and tucked away? Do you want a show car? Something that looks good? Street car? Quick response?

If you don't want to relocate any AC lines or even the stock heatshield, go with SOS. Call them up, tell them what it is you want, and they will let you know what you need. If they feel that their kit doesn't fit the bill, I am sure they will recommend another kit. Trackforged has a kit that you can run without relocating anything I believe, and if you wanted, that kit is able to support some big numbers if you crank up the boost.

Once you decide on a kit then you have to pick out specifics. What turbo? Which hotside? What exhaust?

Just keep this in mind during your build.

It isn't all about the numbers.
It's gonna be more of a daily turbo I drive every weekend. Looking for a kit that is fast spooling.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:39 PM

you could get away with a log kit to make that 400hp, on a 30rish size turbo, pfab, full blown and inline pro all make good log kits that are a good price, if you want something a little better flowing look into some of the tubular manifolds, they will make more power at less psi than the logs, but with most of those kits you will have to relocate some stuff bc of heat. I would def look into the sos new turbo kit it looks very nice, fast spooling and dont have to relocate anything
Old 09-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
you could get away with a log kit to make that 400hp, on a 30rish size turbo, pfab, full blown and inline pro all make good log kits that are a good price, if you want something a little better flowing look into some of the tubular manifolds, they will make more power at less psi than the logs, but with most of those kits you will have to relocate some stuff bc of heat. I would def look into the sos new turbo kit it looks very nice, fast spooling and dont have to relocate anything
Except the oil filter

Quick Reply: Turbo build