S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Unofficial GT3076R Greddy Turbo Kit Upgrade

Old 09-20-2009, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best is direct port, that would require 4 nozzles
next best is a few inches behind the throttle body, so it mixes well with the charge

there are some setups where the nozzle is before the intercooler, but you run the risk of condensation in the core.

Most street applications use single point before the throttle body as it's the simplest setup
Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any updates EngineerX ???

I have everything pulled out of my car.. I have all the charge piping fitted and its just at a fab shop getting some beads on each of the end of the piping... I have all the methanol injection set up with dual nozzle.. ( one right after intercooler and one pre-TB ).....

I am just figuring out the coolant lines as I write this.... I think I am just going to skip the oil cooler and just run the lines from the oil-cooler feed to turbo then back into the block.(oilcooler exit to block)...

I am just waiting for my T-clamps and new couplers.. I am hoping my injectors arrive soon. .. I will post some pics up hopefully tomorrow night some time
Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 PM

Darn slow progress, I can't seem to find enough time to work on it
I got the CAI pipes welded & beaded, I'm doing a 2.25" pipe from the turbo to the IC. I should have that done by this Monday. The Greddy 2" pipe I thought was marginal for the GT30.

Now I'm routing hoses for the aftermarket oil cooler to help keep temps low.

Also I'm picking up an ACT hd clutch this Friday from Gruppe-S and pilot & release bearings for a Honda dealer here in Calif. I ordered a Comp Clutch 11-lb flywheel so that's on the way. Surely the OEM clutch will slip if I don't change it.

So I still have some work left to do... at the rate I can get to work on it.... it'll be a few more weeks before it's done.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 PM

haha my tune was a dud man... .. I ave to take evrything part now and check if everything is fine.. Mase said th turbo could be fuc#$d.. that would suck... I lost 10 whp by doing all the mods..
750 injectors
2.5 charge piping
3" downpipe
gt3076r .82
same boost
did a comprssion test and it read
1=205
2=200
3=200
4=195
so they seem a little low but that could be the gauge... they are pretty consistant.. I might look into a leak down test to see how the motor really is.. I am also going to be takin the turbo off and guttin it to make sure evrything is fine... I will update when i figure out what is going on..

It was a very SAD day
Old 10-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Could be your downpipe? When I added the downpipe I lost a little top end and midrange. Also make sure your wategate isnt opening up prematurely. Mine was and lost power as the wastegate was cracking open and bleeding boost. I switched to an external wastegate setup and the car is awesome now. Time for built engine at 10:1 and more boost!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by s2kadl,Oct 8 2009, 10:31 PM
Could be your downpipe? When I added the downpipe I lost a little top end and midrange. Also make sure your wategate isnt opening up prematurely. Mine was and lost power as the wastegate was cracking open and bleeding boost. I switched to an external wastegate setup and the car is awesome now. Time for built engine at 10:1 and more boost!
hmm i never thought about that... hmmm... hwhat would be the best way to make sure it is opening right??? WouldI have to take the turbo out??? But when i think about it the tubo is spoolin all the way up to 10 psi and the intake source is right on the turbo going to the WG right.. It stays steady (fairly) psi level so im not sure if that could be the problem
Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 AM

I had numbers close to the greddy kit as well, I can't speak for the dyno you use but the numbers seem really low for either set up at 12psi and meth but some dynos just read differnt. I made 303 at 8psi and 330 at 9.5 psi ona dyno pack. The primary purpose for the use of the gt30 is to be able to run higher boost levels. The greddy kit is maxed at 11-12psi, The GT30 set up should be good for close to 20psi. I would have probably run the set up 14-16psi with meth which Rangos2k did with good results. Furthermore, the turbo has a .86 ar not .82 which is very large, ATP makes a.64 ar which should yeild much better mid range results and is just like a bit over $100 buck so if your gonna take it back out would consider this. My new turbo has the .63 and still makes good power.

Lastly since I never had anything to compare it to until I got my car back a few weeks ago if you really don't have to have a internal WG the inline manifold is the best log to convert to with the 5965 or smaller turbo of your choice and just keep the rest of the greddy kit. That inline manifold has runners unlike most of the other logs, though it does leave less room. I would probably forgo the 3mm HG and just run meth cause there is a limit with the pipes and intercooler. Also it should be a bit easier for the greddy ult to run smaller injectors, I think I could have gotten away with the 725-750 size. My car is back in the shop again, its always something. Going to switch over to the AEM to hopefully get my car to idle better. Good luck
Old 10-09-2009, 08:54 AM

Yah I guess so.. The pipes have been upgraded an im sure the intercooler is good to etleast 450 hp..RC 750 injectors.. But yah i was runnin a little less boost so maybe that is the explanation....i didn't have the pressure sensor so i didn't want to chance upping the boost too high.. I am def going to be upping the boost to 16 psi and see what happens after a retune... I was having problems with the meth on the tune as well because it would start spraying early some how and the pump wasn't even gettin power??? haha dunno... I like the idea of having a piggback to keep the stock temp gauges, CELs etc.. Im sure u can wire it up fine but i want to keep the obd2 for emmision reasons... I am still goin to take everything apart to double check evrything is fine... Then next season up the boost with a good tune and the meth workin properly...

PS: my bad with the mistaking the AR
Old 10-12-2009, 09:24 AM

The downpipe should not have anything to do with loosing power, unless you are switching over to a more restrictive dpipe. All turbos work better with less restriction downstream of the turbine outlet.
The only problem that could arise is boost creep, but as we all know that's related to the WG not being able to bypass enough gases.

The WG opening prematurely could lose you some power, but one can easily see it: you won't be able to reach your boost target and maintain it and/or there'll be WG fluttering.

The charge pipe upgrade to larger diameter also will not decrease the max power. They may cause lag if they're too large for a small turbo. 2.5" pipes are ok for a GT30

Chad86, if your meth is injecting "wildly" that can indeed decrease power as fuel would need to be subtracted when meth is injected, but without being able to control the meth, the tuner can't really tune for good power by subtracting fuel and advancing ignition to take advantage of the meth.

S2kadl, I can see loosing a little on the powerband when going to a larger dpipe due to WG cracking open, that makes sense. The turbo was breathing so much better it and building boost causing your WG to open. External WG a so much better for sure.

Revenge's setup was getting power as expected. 330 wheel hp @ 9.5 psi is what should be expected for this internal WG GT30. Add another ~10% driveline loss and the power at the crank is about 360 hp. That's very decent.

Static compression test on a motor is a good diagnostic test to run. A leak-down test would be better as it provides more info on the health of an engine. 16 psi? I thought stock engines should be limited to around 14 psi to prevent blowing the headgasket.

If Mase said the turbo is suspect..... I would check that for sure. Check the shaft play, check for excessive deposits on the turbine, the wheel should spin nicely. I don't know how else to check. You can probably Google it.

I'm still waiting on the Comp Clutch flywheel.
I just bought a 24" drive extension on eBay for the top bolts on the tranny and I gotta get a tranny jack to lower it safely. I've been searching Craiglist for used tranny jacks, found one for $100. Kinda expensive. There are some cheaper tranny jack adapters you bolt onto a regular jack, but I've read you can't lower it enough to clear the car.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:53 PM

Update,
Finally found some time to work on the car, darn time just flies, seems there's always something else to do on weekends. Just need to finish installing the boost controller solenoid, tidy up some vacuum lines, add oil and coolant, install Hydra standalone ECU (hope it works!), and crank it. I probably won't be tuning it until sometime mid December... no darn free time.

Oiling system finished
Setrab oil cooler, Mocal oilstat, checkvalve, Accusump, missing 8' fan for cooler still
Name:  oilingsystem1s.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  99.3 KB

Name:  oilingsystem2s.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  oilingsystem3s.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  66.8 KB

Mocal oilstat http://64.202.180.37/files/thermos$.pdf
Name:  oilingsystem4s.jpg
Views: 320