S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Unofficial GT3076R Greddy Turbo Kit Upgrade

Old 02-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of people are getting good results with the 3mm + big turbos + good headers (FR, AFI, PFAB, etc)
For the restrictive Greddy kit I would say it's not recommended. The power capacity of the kit doesn't warrant a 3mm. For the more efficient setups yes!

Yeah, this took forever, I just don't have the time to work on stuff and juggling 2 cars, work, money, etc... didn't help. Now I gotta tune the Subaru STI GT35 + meth injection. That build took me about a year. I'm shooting for 500-600 on race gas.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EngineerX,Feb 8 2010, 05:54 PM
A lot of people are getting good results with the 3mm + big turbos + good headers (FR, AFI, PFAB, etc)
For the restrictive Greddy kit I would say it's not recommended. The power capacity of the kit doesn't warrant a 3mm. For the more efficient setups yes!

Yeah, this took forever, I just don't have the time to work on stuff and juggling 2 cars, work, money, etc... didn't help. Now I gotta tune the Subaru STI GT35 + meth injection. That build took me about a year. I'm shooting for 500-600 on race gas.
Looking good dude! Let me know if you have any recommendations for a shop in the OC for me.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:06 PM

I wish I could recommend you my buddy there in the OC, he's the only welder I've used but he has a million projects going on and just got a CNC machine so he hardly has any time for welding and if he does weld he's not the cheapest. Did you ever try that shop Sarek used for his exhaust?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by EngineerX,Feb 8 2010, 06:06 PM
I wish I could recommend you my buddy there in the OC, he's the only welder I've used but he has a million projects going on and just got a CNC machine so he hardly has any time for welding and if he does weld he's not the cheapest. Did you ever try that shop Sarek used for his exhaust?
Yeah, I talked to them, but they are pretty damn far from me. I want to go to someone who's near me and can do it pretty quickly. I'm in OC pretty frequently on the weekends and this coming weekend would be a perfect time to drop of my car.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:37 PM

yah the manifold is the only thing holding me back now..... I am almost expecting it to crack soon tho and so that is when i might try and upgrade it.. Even if i went to an inline log mani.. It would be a little better flowing.. Kinda stupid question, but would it be possible to just weld the internal WG flapper shut and then buy a manifold with an external WG and just do it that way or would I have to buy the exhaust side of the turbo (excuse the noob termanaology) to match for the external WG..
Old 02-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Not a stupid question at all !
People were doing that exact same thing in the early days on Subaru WRX's

Yes, you can weld shut the WG flapper valve and use an external WG. Depending on the turbo it may be worth it.

Check out ATPturbo.com they sell an adapter with a EWG for the 5-bolt housings.

The best would be to just get a non-WG turbo, but that entails a whole new downpipe. So welding it shut might be the easiest. You just gotta make sure you know a good TiG welder guy.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 AM

Finally got a tune on the new engine, at 19psi made roughly 416hp on E85 (mainline dynolog). As a reference this dyno when I was stock gave me 180hp. Could have gone up more but fuel pump wasnt enough, surge tank here I come.

I havent got the graph but will get it tomorrow and post it up. By the way this is what I have had done

Built 2.2 engine by SOS CR10:1
Pfab replacement greddy manifold with external wastegate
3076 with welded up flapper
id1000 injectors
gm 2 bar map sensor
E85 fuel
etc

Cheers

Mark
Old 03-23-2010, 12:46 PM

Extraordinary numbers!
if you get a chance post pics of the PFab mani in your engine bay

wish I had an E85 gas station nearby. Unbelievably there's only 1 in the whole of Los Angeles ! One of the largest and heaviest traffic cities in the USA... go figure!

I seem to never finish adding crap to my cars....
Now I'm installing an Aquamist HFS-3 water injection kit, for detonation prevention mainly, our California 91 octane is basically piss gas!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:52 PM

what ems did you use
Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 PM

AEM 1052U.

We only have 1 E85 station in the State down here! Lucky its only 5 minutes from work and 30 mins from home!

Thinking of going with the fullblown twin walbro setup, anyone have any experience with them?

Forgot how to post pics, could someone help me out?

Cheers

Quick Reply: The Unofficial GT3076R Greddy Turbo Kit Upgrade