S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Whats too cold to for 1/4.............

Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Yeah, we shall see the car holds fine on low boost on street tires as long as they are semi warm, little bit of spinning, but I think the track might be better than the street (hopefully). I just hope I dont look like an ass, I have no idea about the christmas tree, and burnout box etc.... lol. I hope I line up with something fast
Old 11-30-2011, 06:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wish I could be there.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls
^ Yeah, we shall see the car holds fine on low boost on street tires as long as they are semi warm, little bit of spinning, but I think the track might be better than the street (hopefully). I just hope I dont look like an ass, I have no idea about the christmas tree, and burnout box etc.... lol. I hope I line up with something fast

if this is your first time at the track concentrate on just getting off the line and performing smooth shifts.

find out what kind of tree they are running. if its pro or sportsman. if pro, stage the first light then wait till the other guy gets both lights. then roll to the second light and get ready. the tree starts as soon as both lights are staged for both competitors. if sportsman, line up and stage both lights, then launch on the final yellow before green.

bypass the burn out box if possible the first time. as you get better u will benefit from warming up the tires. in the beginning, well, i sincerely doubt skipping the box will affect your times significantly...and it would be embarrassing to drop a diff/trans to burn out on your first pass.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by camuman
Originally Posted by JoeyBalls' timestamp='1322664313' post='21197427

if this is your first time at the track concentrate on just getting off the line and performing smooth shifts.

find out what kind of tree they are running. if its pro or sportsman. if pro, stage the first light then wait till the other guy gets both lights. then roll to the second light and get ready. the tree starts as soon as both lights are staged for both competitors. if sportsman, line up and stage both lights, then launch on the final yellow before green.

bypass the burn out box if possible the first time. as you get better u will benefit from warming up the tires. in the beginning, well, i sincerely doubt skipping the box will affect your times significantly...and it would be embarrassing to drop a diff/trans to burn out on your first pass.

thanks. Dumb question but if I redlight do they still print out a slip?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes
Old 11-30-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep an eye on your AF, you can go lean in a hurry the colder it gets.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:27 PM

Will do thx
Old 12-01-2011, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck....i thought atco was closed til march...do u have any expectations?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Phill24
good luck....i thought atco was closed til march...do u have any expectations?
just dont want to break anything
Old 12-01-2011, 05:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldnt worry about the tree. Your time doesnt start til you cross the line. Take your time, line up, get were you want to be and then go. Yea your reaction time may suck but at least you will know you launched it right.

Quick Reply: Whats too cold to for 1/4.............