S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Wich turbo kits is the best !?

Old 11-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I like simple for street cars and that being said I'm a HUGE fan of the full race efr kits. Plumbing is very simple, there's not a ton of extra crap, the only thing that needs to be relocated is the a/c line at the shock tower. you can make 400-450 on pump gas with any kit, power is easy. the efr7670 turbo spools so fast its nuts.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kueda
Originally Posted by Ptuning' timestamp='1385571087' post='22897765
[quote name='kartectuning' timestamp='1385526920' post='22897016']
Nice Power band on the Ptuning setup with a small gtx3076 turbo,

Where are the dyno plots from gtx3582s running serious boost on alcohol on this kit?

If the ptuning kit is able to reach 450 whps on crappy pump gas on a gtx3582 and then 700 whps on ethanol on full boost it will definately be an advantage over other turbo kit builders..

Is it only T3?

Again Nice numbers!
I'll be running the GTX3582R on my '02 S2K when I finish my build, hopefully by next spring/summer, I'll let you know what our turbo system can make on either race gas or E85 at high boost.

We use the Tial "T3" turbine housings exclusively.

- Toan
For testing purposes / advertising, it would be nice if you could dyno your setup on 91-93 pump gas for us volks who don't have access to E85. I'm also curious about how much power the GTX3076R makes on pump gas.
[/quote]

There's a dyno plot on the second page in this thread showing pump gas results on the gtx3076r.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, from the criteria you've given us I would recommend a SOS supercharger. Before someone jumps on my back I have a Sheepy kit now but as you'll see in my profile picture I had an SOS kit a year ago. I drove my car supercharged with no worries and no extreme amount of heat coming from my bay. I made road trips 6 hrs long one way with no worries. To be honest with the amount of heat the turbo kit is giving off as well as the vibration I wouldn't trust it on the same drive. Now I made the switch because I hated the power curve of the SC. I wanted power and didn't want to wait till redline to make full boost. I also have a DD and can afford for my S to break a diff or tranny without worrying how I'll get around.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote from DaGou,
"One thing I have noted, and I am not sure how this fits in, but it seems a lot of guys with S/Cs move to turbo's but I hardly ever see anyone with a turbo going to a S/C. Assume it is the age old quest for more power."
I do see a lot go turbo and keep breaking parts and spending a lot more $$$ trying to strengthen diff/box and axles up and then they sell their cars. It's a lot easier to get power hungry and wind up the boost. Torque is addictive
I wonder if guys with TBO s2ks get as much seat time as SC guys do, as a rule
Old 12-17-2013, 04:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John42td
Quote from DaGou,
"One thing I have noted, and I am not sure how this fits in, but it seems a lot of guys with S/Cs move to turbo's but I hardly ever see anyone with a turbo going to a S/C. Assume it is the age old quest for more power."
I do see a lot go turbo and keep breaking parts and spending a lot more $$$ trying to strengthen diff/box and axles up and then they sell their cars. It's a lot easier to get power hungry and wind up the boost. Torque is addictive
I wonder if guys with TBO s2ks get as much seat time as SC guys do, as a rule

ehhh, thats too general a statement. plenty of us turbo s2k guys that have no money to tinker with our car lol. mine has been running just fine, even on 100 mile commutes to work and home.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have change my mind a bit for now , i think the SOS kit is really good for the track use but the dyno sheet show a big fail at 7000rpm , the curve drop alot *. for the Ptunning kit , i was really happy to see the new eurethane bushing use , somebody say is eliminate almost 100% the vibration in the cabin thats why im gonna really think about this kit ! but a new one give me headache is the FBM sidewinder jesus this kit look so sick and 'herecometheboost' have made a build tread on it and its looking really nice , im just curious to know if the FBM is quite funny on the day to day with big turbo suck the S362 , i should put a GTX3582r or a GTX3076r divided with the biggest A/R possible to make a better quick spool ?
Old 12-17-2013, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beaudin223
i have change my mind a bit for now , i think the SOS kit is really good for the track use but the dyno sheet show a big fail at 7000rpm , the curve drop alot *. for the Ptunning kit , i was really happy to see the new eurethane bushing use , somebody say is eliminate almost 100% the vibration in the cabin thats why im gonna really think about this kit ! but a new one give me headache is the FBM sidewinder jesus this kit look so sick and 'herecometheboost' have made a build tread on it and its looking really nice , im just curious to know if the FBM is quite funny on the day to day with big turbo suck the S362 , i should put a GTX3582r or a GTX3076r divided with the biggest A/R possible to make a better quick spool ?
Both the SOS and Ptuning kit are great kits. Very thankful for the options available for the S2000. If daily driving, you'll want a quick spool for mid range drive-ability. Anything above 600whp on the street is a handful and outright dangerous. Imaging hitting 100% throttle in 4th gear at 3000rpm and letting the boost spike to 30psi at 5000rpm. The rear wheels breaks loose at 70mph, and the driver lifts, and the back end slides out, shooting gravel along the side of the road. The only thing to tuck the rear end straight is a telephone pole.

That's what I get for letting a friend drive. We tapped a telephone pole and somehow ended up on the opposite side of the road. Luckly no other car was in the area. We tucked our tail and drove home with a badly damaged rear bumper, a ding on the rear quarter panel, and a bunch of rock chips on the driver door. There were so many ways it could of ended up.

I daily drive a power band like this. On a normal spirited drive, I will never hit redline. I am constantly shifting at around 6-7K rpm due to the amount of torque, always modulating the throttle to not break the tires and stay withing the speed limit.

I don't have it set boost by gear. I like to have full control. Boost is modulated by the foot. There is no instant on and off power delivery here. It is not linear, but you can modulate appx 25% throttle for 10psi, 50% 20psi, and 100% fo 25+psi and so forth. The extra pressure is vented off by the BOV. And most of the time, I am between 25% to 50% throttle on acceleration. 100% throttle on acceleration is never reached unless on at 5th or 6th gear or in the low rpms.

And there will always be excessive noise and vibration on a turbo car compared to a stock car. Don't go boost if you don't want the added noise.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by wadzii
I like simple for street cars and that being said I'm a HUGE fan of the full race efr kits. Plumbing is very simple, there's not a ton of extra crap, the only thing that needs to be relocated is the a/c line at the shock tower. you can make 400-450 on pump gas with any kit, power is easy. the efr7670 turbo spools so fast its nuts.
How hard was it to relocate the line? Did you have to get a custom one made or just simply move the factory one?

Also I notice you are the only person in here that mentioned the efr kit from full race. Can anyone chime in and give me some insight as to why people don't use them as much as the other ones?