The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

The Bulletproof Automotive Honda S2000 Unveiled

Old 08-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Ben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Bulletproof Automotive Honda S2000 Unveiled

Hi everyone...it's been about a year since I've posted any pictures of my S2000 to the public. The car has undergone quite a few changes during that time and it's finally ready to be shown to you all. Its still not finished, but its getting close. In the past few months alone the car has had the J's CF hood, the Amuse dry carbon hood (the real one), and the Top Secret CF hood. It keeps getting changed up. Just about every month that Bulletproof imports a new container of parts from Japan, I add at least one new part to the car.

To see how the car looked 3 months ago with the amuse hood, check out your local news stands for Modified Magazine. The S2000 is a feature car in Modified Mag, on news stands now.

This is how it looked for the Modified Mag shoot:

Since that point, I've added a bunch of new parts to the car, preparing it for another magazine shoot. New additions since then have been a Mugen CF hard top, Cusco chromoly roll bar, and a bunch of other non visual changes. Overboost has completed a photo shoot of the car about 2 months ago, which should hopefully hit their website sometime soon. So be on the lookout for that as well.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Ben

The car is sponsored by ShopItOut.com/Bulletproof Automotive (the builders of the car)/Signal Auto/Bridgestone Tires/Vortech

Here are the most current specs on the car:

Aerodynamics/Exterior:
Mugen dry carbon hard top
Top Secret rear carbon diffuser
Top Secret rear carbon kevlar vortex generators
Garage Defend side skirts
Bulletproof Automotive carbon fiber front spoiler
Bulletproof Automotive carbon fiber brake ducts
C-West dry carbon prototype trunk lid
Powerhouse Amuse dry carbon bonnet / Top Secret carbon bonnet
Craft Square JGTC carbon mirrors

Engine/Drivetrain:
Vortech Supercharger with water to air intercooler
Powerhouse Amuse Dual R1 titanium exhaust
Powerhouse Amuse R1 exhaust manifold
Garage Defend GT carbon cooling plate
Toda flywheel
SPEC Stage 3 clutch with lightweight pressure plate
Mugen thermostat
Mugen radiator cap

Brakes:
Willwood lightweight 4 piston front brake conversion with two piece cryogenic rotors
Porterfield brake pads or Carbotech brake pads, depending on event
Bulletproof Automotive steel braided brake lines
Bulletproof Automotive carbon fiber brake ducts for front brakes

Footwork:
Powerhouse Amuse Hi Tech Damper Coilover kit
Corner Balanced Alignment
Volk CE28N wheels 17x7.5
Old 08-18-2003, 08:21 AM
Ben

The car is not a show car only, it is raced both on track day events, so cal drift events, and touge. Because of that, the paint might not be as pristine as all of you would prefer. For that, my apologies...but in my opinion it'd be a terrible waste to build a car so capable of performing only to have it sit still and look pretty.

Here is a picture of what it looks like now with the Mugen CF top, craft square mirrors and c-west dry carbon prototype trunk lid.

Old 08-18-2003, 08:23 AM

more pics!!! two is just not enough!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrat to you Ben. That is one expensive Footwork list you have there. I love the creative ness of the Blue CE28N and the other Black/polished CE28N. Very nice.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Ben

The car should be a good representation of the quality and rarity of products that Bulletproof imports regularly from Japan. The car was inspired by me drooling over all of our customers parts that we've imported. After years of importing rare S2000 parts, I finally gave in and started heavily modifying my personal car/company project car about 10 months ago. I basically chose all of my favorites and put them all on this car. I also picked a few that no one had ever imported.

Here is my favorite part of the car...the back. It's just the most unique side of the car at this point. One point of interest that you might not otherwise notice is the modified Top Secret CF diffuser that now fits my Amuse dual R1 Titan exhaust.

So this rear shot features: Mugen CF top, cusco chromoly bar, c-west dry carbon prototype trunk lid, amuse dual R1, Top Secret CF rear diffuser and kevlar vortech generators.

Old 08-18-2003, 08:33 AM
Ben

Thanks guys.

Its really satisfying to finally get these pictures out to everyone. I've had to hold them back for a long while because of magazine shoots, trying to keep the car fresh for them.

It's been a lot of work to both afford these parts, and to put it all together as a complete car. I'm glad people appreciate it.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Ben

Here are some more:

(how the reflective vinyl over the exhaust tips lights up at night...showing a few of the manufacturers featured on the vehicle)
Old 08-18-2003, 08:40 AM

quite an impressive list of mods and awsome car!

what you doing with the amuse hood?
Old 08-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Ben

I have a feature page just about ready to put live on www.bulletproofautomotive.com
It'll be up there in the next week or so and will feature more pictures and info on the car.

Quick Reply: The Bulletproof Automotive Honda S2000 Unveiled