The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

"The Greats" s2k collage

Old 09-25-2014, 07:57 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My biggest pet peeve is how the word 'build'. It implies something is manufactured. Most of what I see on the internet are cars that are disassembled and re assembled with bought parts. A build is custom one off things, blood sweat and tears, and engineered solution to meet or exceed new performance goals. A true build cant be bought from an internet webstore.

OP I like the idea, and keep doing you. Inspiration can be found anywhere
Old 09-25-2014, 08:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yessss! So true. A real build requires either cutting and custom fabrication or an actual engine build. All these "builds" that consist of coilovers and wheels are not builds.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the general consensus - you'll find that on S2ki, there's vastly more interest for cars that were built over years and users who dared to persist, kept things respectable and invested (yes, I used the word invested) in high quality products for more than just the usual wheels/bumper areas.

Thank you for sharing, we might disagree but there's still a selection including some nice cars. Glad they inspired you!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sabatini's NFR should be in there

Dont forget Danio's GPW

Old 09-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 219 Likes on 140 Posts

Hooooooolyyyyyyyy smooooookes that's gorgeous. ^
Old 09-25-2014, 09:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that they aren't appreciated as much, but there are some very very very very serious FI "builds" as well. Passmans2k, boostedf22c, red@9k, wy2slows2k, just to name a few (very limited list here)

In fact I have to hand it to wy2slow, because he tackled all the work, fabrication, and planning into his engine bay and it came out gorgeous. That is the kind of stuff I love reading on s2ki.

Instagram builds don't do it for me and JDM baller threads get pretty boring...
Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by juntsky
Yessss! So true. A real build requires either cutting and custom fabrication or an actual engine build. All these "builds" that consist of coilovers and wheels are not builds.
Absolutely agree with you here, Kevin.

Originally Posted by baZurk
I know that they aren't appreciated as much, but there are some very very very very serious FI "builds" as well. Passmans2k, boostedf22c, red@9k, wy2slows2k, just to name a few (very limited list here)

In fact I have to hand it to wy2slow, because he tackled all the work, fabrication, and planning into his engine bay and it came out gorgeous. That is the kind of stuff I love reading on s2ki.

Instagram builds don't do it for me and JDM baller threads get pretty boring...
And this too. That NFR up there inspired my hunt for OEM sidestrakes. But the term "build" gets used way to frequently for cars which take shape via the Internet. I'm a fan of Dr. Jekyll's car, something he created in his garage. Not something that came about from UPS/FedEx.That fenderless fad needs to die, please.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Obviously hasn't been around long as there are some past greats.

The obvious great s2k belongs to Diez before it was sold. Of course these days that build isn't as appreciated as it should be.
Obviously. lol

Originally Posted by nichigo
Leave it to S2KI to interpret "The cars that inspired ME" as meaning "Cars that everyone else will agree are great". Did you guys even read his post or did you just read the title and assume he was making some absolute list of the greatest cars ever to grace the pages of S2KI?

Originally Posted by Neeekd' timestamp='1411614238' post='23344352
...and these are all the guys that have inspired me:
thank you Whether the title is misleading or not, it was used to reel in views of the photo.. & it worked. Thanks marketing class. lol

I appreciate your comprehension.

Originally Posted by juntsky
I agree with nick^^^

I disagree with most of them and literally can't even at one or two of them, but it's what inspires his own build. I think it's a neat idea honestly. I'll probably throw my own together and add it to the mix if the OP doesn't mind
Yeah it's all you man. I was just starting something, preferably less controversial, but go ahead, i think it's still on my flickr! haha Easy enough to make.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1411653438' post='23344842
Originally Posted by nichigo
Leave it to S2KI to interpret "The cars that inspired ME" as meaning "Cars that everyone else will agree are great". Did you guys even read his post or did you just read the title and assume he was making some absolute list of the greatest cars ever to grace the pages of S2KI?

[quote name='Neeekd' timestamp='1411614238' post='23344352']
...and these are all the guys that have inspired me:
Point taken.

I do, however, feel that OP would probably rehash this list (or collage or whatever lol) if he spent time exploring the build threads section. There's some really incredible stuff there. My .02.
[/quote]

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
My biggest pet peeve is how the word 'build'. It implies something is manufactured. Most of what I see on the internet are cars that are disassembled and re assembled with bought parts. A build is custom one off things, blood sweat and tears, and engineered solution to meet or exceed new performance goals. A true build cant be bought from an internet webstore.

OP I like the idea, and keep doing you. Inspiration can be found anywhere

Originally Posted by C7 JFW
I agree with the general consensus - you'll find that on S2ki, there's vastly more interest for cars that were built over years and users who dared to persist, kept things respectable and invested (yes, I used the word invested) in high quality products for more than just the usual wheels/bumper areas.

Thank you for sharing, we might disagree but there's still a selection including some nice cars. Glad they inspired you!

I mean.. I think build can be interpreted many ways. There's really no specific definition that you can't argue, and it all comes down to perspective. That's always what it is.

But my intention here, was to showcase some of the awesome s2k's from Instagram, as I'm sure not a lot of people on here are even affiliated with it. Yes I think the cars are badass; no I don't think they are the top. Like Nichigo said, my interpretation. To be honest, I would have replaced half of the cars on there with guys from here in the build section, but they don't resonate on Instagram.. So why? When Instagram is about staying connected. I've become friends with the kids in other states, because of this stuff. It's awesome. But the thing is, it's all about the car scene, right?. Not whether or not you fabricated your own f@#kin valve springs & exhaust. It's about being into these cars, dropping priorities, going negative into credit to do what you love, or hone a passion. At least.. that's what I thought. & no, I'm not gonna start talking about rice and junk. Although, with anything someone's gonna bitch. So with that, my hats (actually my beanie, because I'm a hipster) is off to all of you that are gonna hate on every little thing, and can't be open minded.

Those of you that understood and appreciated looking at cool cars, you're appreciated.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one! so when you post something that you may think is cool, others may flame you and others will enjoy it. everyone on this site loves the S. and everyone has an opinion on what they think looks good and doesn't. everyone is entitled to their opinion. it would be nice if those would be considerate enough to express themselves more civil like instead of flaming. but on the other hand some of these flamings are daf and funny as hell. I've learned from being on here to be thick skinned and not take some this shit seriously. ok have at it. flame away!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Community Organizer

Received 219 Likes on 140 Posts

Lol.

Next time, title your collage as "TeH InStAgRaamZz GrEatZ" so we won't misinterpret your intent. Wouldn't want you to think we're not about the "car scene" and all.

Edit: Sorry, that was unfair. I kind of feel like the whole instagram thing is killing car culture these days in this country. I think it's turned owning and modding a car from something that was more enthusiast-centric, to a big popularity contest. Who can have the widest wheels? Who has the biggest wing? Who's car looks most aggressive? It's all getting kind of silly.

I mean, look at your collage. Nothing really strikes me as original except John Paul's car (bagged, boosted, wrapped), Hanzel's car (Mugen catalog car, done exceptionally well) and Punoi's car (body stripped down, flared out by hand, custom color, tons of fab, etc). Everything else is just another S2000 with an expensive body kit, slammed, on wheels. Some of these cars have bolt-ons, some of them have bolt-in cages, etc., but it's almost like they all followed the "hype-beast instagram S2000 build checklist" and, IN MY OPINION, that kinda sucks.

Originality, and an eye for execution and quality is starting to get rarer and rarer with this scene today. In my opinion, the best builds that I have seen are the ones that generally don't get whored out on instagram, aren't getting reposted everywhere, aren't covered in "STANCESTANCESTANCE" banners because their owners didn't build these cars for instagram likes, but because they are TRUE enthusiasts and appreciate the cars for what they're worth.

Bouford, MugenAP2, nichigo, SHG_Mike, junstky, Learnerspermit..... just a few guys I can think of off the top of my head that have really "built" their cars for a purpose other than popularity.

Maybe I'm just crazy? I don't know. I honestly hope I don't offend you OP, but I figured if I'm going to make sarcastic comments I may as well explain myself.

Quick Reply: "The Greats" s2k collage