S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Leatherseats.com Review

Old 09-05-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leatherseats.com Review

Ordered a set of replacement seat covers from leatherseats.com and I wanted to share my experience with the community as there are things I think the community should know when ordering a set from them. Overall I am not happy with the fit and finish.

1. Standard package is not consistent with regards to leather and vinyl content. As quoted from their site; "Our Honda S2000 leather kits are patterned from the original OEM covers to insure a factory fit every time, and are sold with a similar leather to vinyl ratio as the factory leather interiors, which is leather seating surfaces with matching vinyl sides and backs." The S2K factory covers are leather seating surface with leather sides both headrest and bottom as well as leather on the back of the headrest. In short everything is leather except the lower back side of the seat. Luckily I was able to clear this up with them and I opted to go with 100% leather.

2. Fit and finishing is not consistent with factory. Again from the quote above, I took it that it will be exactly like how it is sewn in the factory. However they take short cuts as evident with the stitches on the side of the covers. They used a blind stitch rather than the factory top stitch. The seat cover looks cheap and unfinished. The blind stitch is the easiest and cheapest stitch to do. The seat cover looks cheap like a Clazzio seat cover. See pictures.

3. No map pocket. There is no map pocket on the driver side like the factory covers. Apparently that another extra $$$.

Maybe it's just me but I was expecting exact copies of factory covers. Mind you, I've paid all the extras to have it done right such as extra $ for having the center perforated, extra $ for having 100% full leather. $1,139 later and I still have to pay an upholsterer to fix the covers.

See the differences.

Factory seat cover with single top stitch from the side to the back panel.

Leatherseats.com seat cover with cheap blind stitch from the side to the back panel.

Factory headrest shot with double top stitch in the front and a single top stitch in the back.

Leatherseats.com head rest shot. Fit is not as factory. The panel on the side of the headrest is narrower. Double top stitch in the front and a cheaper blind stitch in the back.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

$1100 bux! You could have bought 2 sets of seats.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:51 AM

Price adds up quick. Base price was about $500-600 but then they charge for perforation, leather content, contrasting stitching etc. The single top stitch and map pocket that I though was included is apparently additional $ more.Considering the fact that OEM replacement was about 3X I bought into their advertisement of "custom look factory fit" crap. Definitely not recommending them.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry you didn't get what you expected, but it makes me even more pleased w/my customized, Clazzios. granted, they're not OEM quality or fit, but I didn't expect them to be. for the $$, they're nice holdovers until i have the seats reupholstered (not a fan of aftermarket seats in street cars).
Old 09-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts

Can we see pics of the full seats, please?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Unfortunately I do not have a pic of the full seat. I started working on it Monday, Labor day and wasn't able to finish it. Upholstering was a PITA. The factory seat pan is not deburred so edges are like razor blades and I have plenty of cuts to show for. I have a picture of the bottom half. They also skimped out and deleted one of the factory center attachments. I was able to make it fit well enough but if there was that additional factory attachment, it would pull the perforated center closer to the cushion and have a tighter/better looking fit.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting, I am strongly considering these covers. They run me about $780 for black w perforated centers (all leather)

I am deciding between these or clazzio.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i can deal without the double stitching since no one iwll really see it. The bottom cover looks really nice, id like to see some pics of the top half.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have a image of the entire seat complete with new covers?
Old 09-10-2014, 07:58 AM

@ LLtysonLL - Sorry I have not put the seat back together as I am trying to get it redone as I want it. Just to forewarn you that these are far from factory quality. All their marketing, including personal conversations, made be believe that their covers were patterned after the factory seat covers. The pattern is off for sure. I emailed pictures to the sales guy (Tim) of a MY08 two tone seat. He was quick to point out that the stitching on the side bolsters were double top stitch on the picture and their pattern was for MY06 & MY07 with only a single top stitch. I placed him on hold and ran out to the parking lot to double check this with my seat and true enough it was, so first I wasn't bothered by it and second, he gained my confidence that he knew what he was talking about . Since this was the first time I ever ordered replacement covers I was relying on his expertise to inform me of any other differences. However, it was the only thing he mentioned. I'm just sharing my experience so the community will know what to expect. It's your choice.

@ MBHs2k - Despite the missing attachment, I got the bottom half to fit tight with steaming the foam and leather to swell and shrink them respectively. Here is the pic of the top half. The center section is not snug as I haven't attached the J clips at the bottom (You can see it hanging in the picture). I'm going to need a friend to come over because it is way too far apart. I don't have a problem with this though as I was expecting it from steaming the foam and was shown on their YouTube video. With regards to the stitching, I respect what you say. Looks are subjective. I just hate the fact that they were not clear to the point that their product is far from factory quality finish and that you have to pay up to get it close. I don't mind paying as I believe you get what you pay for but I hate that fact that I can't make an informed decision when a product is misrepresented. It will cost more to have the additions done now than when it was first commissioned.

Update: I contacted them and for the stitching and they want $225 for just adding the top stitch and $125 for adding the map pocket.

Quick Reply: Leatherseats.com Review