S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Leatherseats.com Review

Old 09-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Update: I contacted them and for the stitching and they want $225 for just adding the top stitch and $125 for adding the map pocket.

That is ridiculous. Ill probably order half leather/vinyl black on black or w red centers. I dont want to add too many options as they are overly priced. Fit is definitely better than clazzio(I hate the head rest look on clazzio.)
Old 09-10-2014, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lltysonll
That is ridiculous. Ill probably order half leather/vinyl black on black or w red centers. I dont want to add too many options as they are overly priced. Fit is definitely better than clazzio(I hate the head rest look on clazzio.)

Cool! Just wanted to inform you what you're getting. For me, beauty is all in the details. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have gotten them but rather have the OEM leathers fixed. All I needed was to replace the driver side perforated bottom.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts

I understand your disappointment with the lack of map pockets and the stitching you thought you were getting. But I honestly think they look pretty good.

Did you add/replace any foam during the install (Like the lower drivers side bolster)? Did you take the opportunity to de-burr the metal parts while you had everything off?

It looks like a bit more foam/filler would have made them fit better.

My drivers seat is pretty roached. I went to a friend who is an upholsterer and he has me thinking totally custom. Still contemplating.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:31 AM

I have only done the passenger side and the foam was in pretty good shape. The seat has been hardly sat in. However, I may need to once I undo the driver's side. With regards to the seat pan, I didn't do any de-burring. I am however treating it with Eastwood Rust Products as I have some rust on it from what I suspect spilling a flower vase.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:30 AM

How would you rate the materials used compared to oem leather/vinyl?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:49 AM

From what I've read here and other sites, Honda has used different leather materials throughout the S2000's production life therefore I can only compare it to mine. I have an 06 and I believe it were the 06s & 07s that have the "stiffer", larger grain leather. The new seat covers' leather is softer and have a finer grain. IMHO it is a good material. I received samples before I ordered and also this was discussed during a phone conversation that they did not have the type of grain I have which I preferred. Again, I was fine with it cause I knew this before hand.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 AM

I've decided to go with a set of new leathers from roadwire for $557 I think its a good deal.
Local upholstery shop quoted me a excellent price without install. The covers are over $1k and to get them around 60% off is a plus. I will see how it stacks up compared to the leatherseats.com kit.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread, but I am in the market for the replacement covers and I'd appreciate your feedback as of today. How are they holding up and has your thoughts changed since Sept?

Thanks,
Old 01-20-2015, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by dwb993
I understand your disappointment with the lack of map pockets and the stitching you thought you were getting. But I honestly think they look pretty good.

Did you add/replace any foam during the install (Like the lower drivers side bolster)? Did you take the opportunity to de-burr the metal parts while you had everything off?

It looks like a bit more foam/filler would have made them fit better.

My drivers seat is pretty roached. I went to a friend who is an upholsterer and he has me thinking totally custom. Still contemplating.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Hey dwb....I'm also debating what route to go in redoing my 2006 seats. The perforation parts on both seats just self destructed. Your post was back in April 2014, so wondered if you pulled the trigger and what choice you made. I'm evaluating leatherseats.com's offering for all leather and beefier stitching on the backs to match the OEM stitching and the cost will be around $1300. If you had yours done and have any info on cost, photos and satisfaction, I'd love to hear your input! You seem to be thorough, with your questions regarding adding seat foam, which I imagine I'll need to do after 9 years of deflating mine as a daily driver. With thanks.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right off the bat - I got the leatherseats.com covers. I'd love to post pics if anyone could show me how.
I have an 03 Sebring w/ a red interior. I went with their standard leather content package. Tim in sales was very helpful.
I wanted all red seats w/ perforations and he recommend color samples. He stated to me that they added a new
Red that I should consider so, he sent me samples to choose from.

I received the samples quickly and there was a perfect match in the batch - To all of you considering it, obviously get the samples.
I noticed a color variance in my car. A sample matched the red in the seats but another sample matched the red in the plastics
better in the car (I have an all red interior). My thought on that is perhaps over time either the seats got darker or
The plastics have gotten lighter from fading. The logical thing to do in this case is match the plastics so that everything is the same so
that's what I went with.

I paid $659. Via PayPal waited about three weeks and out-of-the-box these covers smelled like a baseball glove, looked
amazing, the color was dead-on and the build quality looked perfect to me.

I purchased a hog ring tool, hog rings and very important, new foam seat cushions from Honda. I purchased mine
from Bernardiparts. Chances are went you take your seats apart the bolsters will be crushed and split. plus, Over all,
the foam will not be as full as when new and yeah you could blah, blah, blah revive them by steaming but when the bolsters are falling
apart what's the point? Your spending the money reupholstering - Get fresh foam!

I photographed every step as I took them apart for reference and honestly it was SIMPLE. The upholstery is a reversal of the take down.
It's almost impossible to place a hog ring in the wrong place but if you do you simply cut it off and install another. The fit and finish is fantastic
and now in the car for 10 months they look and smell gorgeous. My friends can't believe I did them myself.

I use Zainos' leather cleaner and conditioner which is the best there is. It isn't shiny leaving a factory matte appearance and smells
like a leather glove. I'm so happy with the quality and result that I leathered up my CRZ and my Ridgeline as well. I highly please with
Leather seats.com and would encourage anyone to do their own work. Remember, New foam is fuller. Fuller foam = better fit! And your bolsters will
Look like the day they rolled out the factory. - someone please show me how to post pics!
The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (10-19-2018)

Quick Reply: Leatherseats.com Review