S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Water in trunk but Not sure where it’s coming from!

Old 10-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water in trunk but Not sure where it’s coming from!

Hey guys, I know there’s a few threads on water in the trunk already but this situation really has me stumped. I’ve fixed my trunk vent which did leak and gone through all those forums. Maybe I missed something but when it pours rain I see water coming in from the area I’ve attached a picture of. It’s where all the parts sit to the left of the spare tire. Between the driver seat and cd changer. Anyone had this happen before? Water leaking in from that area but just can’t figure out where.

This is the general area. You see it dripping or sometimes running down the metallic pipe.

Notice all the water on the floor after a rainfall

This happens more when it rains hard or I spray on the trunk with pressure

Last edited by uahmad3; 10-08-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: More pics
Old 10-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Check your soft top drain pipe and see if its stopped up. There is a DIY on how to clean it out. Best of luck man.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bama Dave
Check your soft top drain pipe and see if its stopped up. There is a DIY on how to clean it out. Best of luck man.
Thanks! I actually took the car to a shop to have fixed since I couldn’t seem to do it myself. I needed to have the trunk pan replaced and even after returning the car after just one night of hard rainfall I discovered the water again. They had mentioned the drain pipes were all clear and according to their tests it wasn’t leaking but now it’s going back to the shop tomorrow. Appreciate your comment!
Old 11-02-2018, 02:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Water leak is most likely under small plastic trim pieces on trunk. Small trim pieces in between rear tray opening molding and trunk. You need to reseal the body seam underneath covers. Mine leaked under those covers and into trunk. After doing trunk vent leak fix. Soft top drains all good. I see a water drip on the fuel filler pipe. look straight up from there, there are holes in the body and backside of seam can be seen. if wet, feel with finger. need to reseal body seam. seam sealer cracking, letting water in.
The following 2 users liked this post by rossco:
99MCoupe (11-02-2018), uahmad3 (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by rossco
Water leak is most likely under small plastic trim pieces on trunk. Small trim pieces in between rear tray opening molding and trunk. You need to reseal the body seam underneath covers. Mine leaked under those covers and into trunk. After doing trunk vent leak fix. Soft top drains all good. I see a water drip on the fuel filler pipe. look straight up from there, there are holes in the body and backside of seam can be seen. if wet, feel with finger. need to reseal body seam. seam sealer cracking, letting water in.
THANK YOU! I think this was exactly my problem because that is exactly where the water would be for me too on the pipe. I also had done the same thing with the vent fix and soft top drains all good. Appreciate this comment!
The following users liked this post:
rossco (11-05-2018)