S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Honda S2000 Homecoming Event

Old 07-16-2007, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda S2000 Homecoming Event

Much asked for....much anticipated....and finally it's going to happen!

Honda invites all S2000 owners to a first-ever owner appreciation event to occur Saturday, September 8, 2007 at Honda's North American headquarters in Torrance, California. This event, dubbed "Honda S2000 Homecoming" is intended as a "thank you" to all of the enthusiastic fans of this great car, and it represents a great opportunity to get together with S2000 owners from all over the country! (If they make the drive!)

More event details and registration are available at this link: http://automobiles.honda.com/events-and-sp...homecoming.aspx

Here are the basics:

When: Saturday, September 8, 2007 10:00 am-3:00 pm

Where: American Honda Motor Co., Inc. in Torrance, CA

Who: Only S2000 owners will be admitted in their S2000's. You have to drive it to get in. Obviously only one additional guest per car, no trunk riders...please. Please don't show up in your minivan. I'd rather avoid the scene as you're turned away.

What: Everything is Free. Get to see the S2000 CR before it hits dealer lots. Our large parking lot will also fill up with S2000's of all types as owners arrive, creating possibly one of the biggest gatherings of S2000's in the US, dare I say ever. Lunch will be served (hot dogs, hamburgers, etc..nothing fancy). Some cool giveaways will also occur. We may also have some other cool cars on display!

How: Courtesy of American Honda Motor Co. and my impassioned presentation to management!

The registration website is up and running just this morning. It's not perfect as it was purpose built just for this event. You must use your VIN to register and get further details on the event via email. We will send another email out closer to the event with more details. I'm purposely leaving things a little vague to avoid gate crashers. If you register, you will get all the info you need as we approach the event. Just be sure to use a good email address!!

If anyone is coming in from out of town and needs a good hotel in the area, please let me know via PM. I can get you a short list of places to stay around here. For those of you out-of-towners, Torrance is just south of LA in an area called the Southbay. Redondo Beach is a 4 mile drive from Honda. Average temperature here is around 75 degrees year-round, and sunny skies are almost guaranteed in September.

I will try to answer any questions here on the forum to avoid repetition.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 07-16-2007, 10:55 AM

unable to access web site. Is it just me?

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /error/GeneralError.aspx
Old 07-16-2007, 11:02 AM

They were probably overloaded. Try again in an hour or so..

Also, check out this thread:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...post&p=11016144

Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 AM

KO. Thank you HB. Spot in - cya then
Old 07-16-2007, 05:58 PM

Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Im in +1 confirmed and regestered
Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

too bad, they can't do an east coast celebration also
Old 07-19-2007, 05:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool
Old 07-22-2007, 06:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rudeS2k,Jul 18 2007, 08:29 AM
too bad, they can't do an east coast celebration also
, and I swear I posted a similar comment here as well...
Old 07-22-2007, 01:33 PM

Sorry about the no East Coast location for this one. It's the American Honda version of the S2000 Homecoming, and our headquarters is in California. Thus, we couldn't quite do the same thing elsewhere under the same concept. Honestly, using our headquarters is what made this thing possible for a number of reasons including $.

I know that's little condolence, but I hope some of you East Coast owners can make it anyway.

Quick Reply: Honda S2000 Homecoming Event