S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

AB-Speed plug and play coolant overflow released!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seen this in person in Adam's car. Very high quality pieces here.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 09-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

We are working on building an overflow unit that will replace the stock plastic unit and slide into the oem cruise control bracket to make this a direct plug and play dress up piece with no drilling required. Stay tuned for the finished product over the weekend.
This will be exclusively available from Moddiction.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will it be cheaper than this?

http://www.buyimportperformance.com/S2000_...2000-cankit.htm
Old 09-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes it will. Group buy should be considerably cheaper!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is my honest unbiased review of this product.

to my understanding i was the first to receive the overflow, and this prototype version i requested was mocked up off similarities to the ASM overflow.

ultimately after working back and forth with the manufacturer, the piece was fabbed up and i received several pictures of it, i was satisfied with the overall design and we moved forward. i think i paid monday, it shipped tuesday, i received it thursday. the package came well packed with a few layers of bubble wrapped envelopes protecting the tank.

my first impression of the tank was it was solid and sturdy. i checked in detail all the welds around the seams and around the neck near the billet cap, and all seemed high quality.

the finish on the tank itself could use improvement. for myself, i wanted something to replace the cheap looking plastic tank, without paying the JDM price tag $3xx. it goes on the S which currently is still my daily driver so this area does not bother me. however for those who purchase the item as an aesthetic upgrade to the engine bay and is looking for show quality, you might be disappointed. as there are many scratches and this deep gouge.

i wont be able to install this piece for another 2 weeks when i get back, so i cant comment on fitment quite yet, but after i get a chance to install it, i can provide an update. for those who are concerned there is no gauge, this i do not mind, to me it actually looks cleaner without it, and taking 2 seconds to twist off the cap to check occasionally during my routine fluid checks is no big deal.

overall, i am satisfied, i got a quality product, that was handcrafted and produced here in the states and not off in china. it was shipped and packaged carefully and quickly and i paid what i felt was a fair price. the finish was underwhelming but being it was the first produced and shipped, they have the ability to improve this area moving forward. i hope to work with them to make another piece i have in mind.

hope this was helpful
Old 09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the review!
Waiting on a plug and play option shortly I will have in my car and provide pictures once completed and installed.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

INTERESTED IF THE QUALITY IS THERE!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

id be down to buy one.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor

I should have some completed and installed pictures shortly!!

Quick Reply: AB-Speed plug and play coolant overflow released!