S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

about to buy an exhaust

Old 12-28-2012, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on what you want from your exhaust. Sound, looks, performance, price? Duals look nice and normally sound good, but they are heavy and don't make much power and are a little more expensive on average. Single on the other hand are normally cheaper but a lot of people don't like the single look not to mention they tend to be loud and make a done noise. But the singles almost always make more power and are much lighter.

You can't have your cake and eat it to.

I originally had an expensive comptech dual exhaust that sounded great but I sold it and bought a loud ass invida single that makes a lot more power with my FI setup and shoots flames.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by erikvanden
It depends on what you want from your exhaust. Sound, looks, performance, price? Duals look nice and normally sound good, but they are heavy and don't make much power and are a little more expensive on average. Single on the other hand are normally cheaper but a lot of people don't like the single look not to mention they tend to be loud and make a done noise. But the singles almost always make more power and are much lighter.

I originally had an expensive comptech dual exhaust that sounded great but I sold it and bought a loud ass invida single that makes a lot more power with my FI setup and shoots flames.
This isn't totally true, since you definitely can have peak performance from a quiet 49 state legal dual exhaust that weighs less than stock. My custom "dingle" wasn't cheap or easy to build, but I believe it is the best overall exhaust ever built for an S2000.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
Originally Posted by erikvanden' timestamp='1356758181' post='22235074

This isn't totally true, since you definitely can have peak performance from a quiet 49 state legal dual exhaust that weighs less than stock. My custom "dingle" wasn't cheap or easy to build, but I believe it is the best overall exhaust ever built for an S2000.
If you really believed that you would be selling dozens, and wouldn't stop at a few
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by award78
Originally Posted by Gernby' timestamp='1356976936' post='22238427

If you really believed that you would be selling dozens, and wouldn't stop at a few
First, dozens aren't profitable. I would need build quantities in the hundreds to make it profitable.

Second, it doesn't matter what a seller believes. A buyer isn't going to buy unless HE believes it's worth the price.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
First, dozens aren't profitable. I would need build quantities in the hundreds to make it profitable.

Second, it doesn't matter what a seller believes. A buyer isn't going to buy unless HE believes it's worth the price.
good points, but you gotta start somewhere (which I think you have), now you just have to finish.......the product, IMO
and you do have a very persuasive way of convincing people it's worth the price.......data, data, and more data, lol
maybe some marketing or a website would help, idk. get the data out to more people. But I have zero experience with any of the above mentioned. Just opinion