S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Any Suggestions For a Full Mugen Build

Old 08-03-2018, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'll be honest I havent really looked at any other brands, all I know is the Mugen prices, but if there is another brand that makes parts for everything S2000 than I may be interested. But they have some fine carbon fiber work and that definitely a look im willing to pay for.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:02 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Youre planning to just save for 6 months and then start buying? Even if you were to start buying now you're already very late to the game. Luckily most of the stuff you want hasnt been discontinued yet so it actually is possible. If I were you I would get to buying RIGHT NOW.

You can go to the mugen website here to see every mugen part ever made and check what they have in stock before ordering from distributors:
https://online.mugen-power.com/nmos/...=197&x=83&y=64

Out of stock parts take anywhere from 3-6 months depending on the part. DONT WAIT because you never know when theyre going to start discontinuing stuff. Start with small stuff - mugen bolts, reservoir covers, shift knob, radiator cap, etc. and work your way up.

And if youre not willing to buy new then good luck with that. It will take you a decade or more to locate used mugen parts and most of it will not even ever come on the market. By then you will have given up and moved on to something else.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:18 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

One of two of my Mugen builds could be for sale for the right price....or maybe even both for the 'righter' price. Be full warned, one of the two builds has a motor swap (forced induction on it could be insane). Other than that, good luck on your hunt. Looking back on my builds, the hunt was one of my favorite parts of the build.