S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Autometer tach ?

Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer tach ?

Hey guys kinda new on this site.... I have an S2000 motor that I Have installed in my OffRoad race car..

I have the Complete engine harness, Imobilizer removed Stock Ecu And an Autometer Tach Adapter since i am NOT using the factory cluster..

Im Running the {PTuning oil distribution block and senders to autometer guages...

Does ANY one have ANY pictures or info on how to make this Gage Work,, which wire do i splice or which Pin to I need to Find and do what with..

And My second question is... My Fuel Pump, Fans, Starter, Ignition Ran off Individual switches and resetables.. I would liek to know what wire or DO i take the Black Wire that Normally goes to the Bottom of the Fuse box and connect it to the battery.. Car also Has a Master Disconect switch near dash so power Will Be turned off

# 3 how will the alternator charge my battery, i have Read that it needs to be controlled by ECU ?

Please help if i can post pics i will
Old 05-09-2012, 07:50 AM

for the gauge you will have to find the pinouts for the ecu and tap into the rpm wire for the signal. i suggest maybe trying to find a hanes manual to see if they list the wire in the diagrams they have. if not you will have to some how source a honda manual which usually isnt easy or cheap.

i would think they would have a pdf on here of the manual like clubrsx has for the rsx's.

far as the switches... if you have pre-existing wiring and switches that should already be wired up. ive ran a fuel pump, ignition and fans all off switches before. not sure what chasis your using but if its a rail then most likely its all custom. you wont need to tap into the engine harness for that.

if you have the whole engine harness then you should have the charge harness too. which you will have to run a postive cable from the fuse box to the battery along with the alt. positive wire. you will have to look at the engine harness to see how its ran.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 PM

awesome.. i think i will elongate the wire that usually goes to the fuse box and run it to my dash panelc where i made my own custom fuse panel.... since the motor is out back and not in the front...

and I have the MSD tach adapter.. it says to attach to the positive side of the coil wires before it splits into each individual coil... ive been searching foor the
'blue wire" as tach lead... but i also DONT need the dash harness and cluster harness in my offroad car.. trying to simplify the harness as it sits

thank you for your input