S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best bang for buck mods to start off?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best bang for buck mods to start off?

Just picked up my S2K, and was wondering what the best bang for the buck performance mods are to start with?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try a quick search and you should get a lot of results.

But honestly, any bolt-on parts will not yield very much power. The best bang for the buck would be forced induction. If you want to stay the N/A route, changing gears to 4.77 or such would yield the best bottom end pull results. Exhaust, headers, intake, and tune will yield some power but mostly will just save weight (aka not worth the $$$). ITB's will also yield power but for that price might as well go forced induction.

Power-wise, the car doesn't respond well to bolt ons since it's already so highly tuned coming out from the factory. Just do some cosmetic mods and change the exhaust if you want something louder/meaner. You could also run a test pipe or high flow cat but don't expect to really feel a difference. It's all in the butt dyno!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM

look into a hondata reflash! thats what i am about to get.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Autocross/drivers edge course will hands help more than anything. way easier/cheaper/more fun to mod the driver instead of the car.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by TakmaN,Apr 8 2009, 02:38 PM
Try a quick search and you should get a lot of results.

But honestly, any bolt-on parts will not yield very much power. The best bang for the buck would be forced induction. If you want to stay the N/A route, changing gears to 4.77 or such would yield the best bottom end pull results. Exhaust, headers, intake, and tune will yield some power but mostly will just save weight (aka not worth the $$$). ITB's will also yield power but for that price might as well go forced induction.

Power-wise, the car doesn't respond well to bolt ons since it's already so highly tuned coming out from the factory. Just do some cosmetic mods and change the exhaust if you want something louder/meaner. You could also run a test pipe or high flow cat but don't expect to really feel a difference. It's all in the butt dyno!
I browsed through a bunch of topic searches on this but saw a lot of conflicting ideas, so thought I'd try a new thread.

What does ITB stand for?

So a CAI hasn't proven to add any HP? They were good mods on my former RSX Type S, but maybe these motors already breathe properly. What about gutting the stock airbox?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by ans2k,Apr 8 2009, 03:13 PM
look into a hondata reflash! thats what i am about to get.
Has it been dyno proven to give some good results? Is it better in combo w/ other bolt on mods?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:00 PM

honestly, if i were to do it all over again, i probably would have just added an e-manage ultimate and tune, and called it a day.

a tune with anything other than a vafc should do you good.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Knight,Apr 8 2009, 01:59 PM
Has it been dyno proven to give some good results? Is it better in combo w/ other bolt on mods?
yes, visit the hondata site for more in-depth details, your best bet would be to get the same mods they had on their car for the reflash.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

why not vafc?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Black Knight,Apr 8 2009, 11:58 AM
I browsed through a bunch of topic searches on this but saw a lot of conflicting ideas, so thought I'd try a new thread.

What does ITB stand for?

So a CAI hasn't proven to add any HP? They were good mods on my former RSX Type S, but maybe these motors already breathe properly. What about gutting the stock airbox?
Cold air intakes have been proven to make power for our well factory tuned vechicles. A member posted 9hp gains on his "K&N FIPK" which is a short ram intake if you do not want to risk hyrdolock! If you want a little more gains you can go with a CAI most members run AEM but any CAI will get you some gains. Try searching "Official CAI Thread"

Oh and one last thing I forgot to at ITB stand for Individual Throttle Bodies these are for members who want to stay N/A.
Here it is live[media]XkAFTYoyK2U [/media]

Quick Reply: Best bang for buck mods to start off?