S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best mods for increased reliability/durability?

Old 03-11-2019, 08:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ballade Sports TCT (Can actually buy it online through a web store and no need to send your stock one in and wait for a refund).

Old 03-11-2019, 08:43 PM

Received 269 Likes on 196 Posts

Rustproofing the Body of the car, especially inside, no matter where you life.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:29 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Just leave it alone. Do regular required maintenance. Its fine as is. .
Old 03-12-2019, 07:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
Just leave it alone. Do regular required maintenance. Its fine as is. .
Not according to the forum mechanics here lol they all say the TCT and intake retainers WILL fail which is total BS but hey the people here all know what they are saying they are experts.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:16 AM

Received 1,305 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by czirrfb3
Not according to the forum mechanics here lol they all say the TCT and intake retainers WILL fail which is total BS but hey the people here all know what they are saying they are experts.
Well, Is don't think anyone would argue that anything will last forever and never fail. So the real question is what things are more likely to fail, and if their failure could cause other damage, such that its worth replacing them prematurely with upgraded parts. That value proposition will vary from person to person, their needs and use, budget, access to qualified mechanic (or diy), etc.

Both those parts listed have upgraded versions for a reason. Those parts have been known to fail much sooner than other parts on our cars, under certain conditions.

I am not saying anyone should or should not replace those parts as preventative maintenance. I am merely suggesting its in everyone's best interest to understand these parts and their failure modes, so they can make informed decisions.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:38 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Well, I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express the other day.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:40 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Good list in the second post above for those of us who like to be ahead on PM, but a few things I'd add:

Motor and Tranny mounts, or torque damper...
...especially when paired with diff bushing reinforcement collars or new diff mounts). My diff mounts at 50k were allowing wheel hop in the wet, especially noticeable going up hills starting at red lights when it is colder out than rated for my tires. Putting diff bushing collars on the OEM mounts cured this and also made the rear end feel more connected and allows you to feel the diff working properly, though it did add a bit of NVH. Both of these items will increase the precision of shifting too, and extend the life of the transmission mounts.

Convertible top PM, such as the neoprene gators on the inner hinges and deburring.

New tires (check the manufacturing dates, better control of the car and increase enjoyment)

Performance alignment (better control of the car and increase enjoyment)

Dashcam, because it increases odds you'll get compensated in the case your S2k is hit by a texting driver.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why are you either passive aggressive or outright aggressive in so many of your posts? Much the time you seem like you're fine, the rest... you're just riling people up. It reminds me of a high school friend who had some serious emotional issues.

Post after post, you stir the pot like this. It's seriously weird.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonMG
Why are you either passive aggressive or outright aggressive in so many of your posts? Much the time you seem like you're fine, the rest... you're just riling people up. It reminds me of a high school friend who had some serious emotional issues.

Early twenties will do that to some.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:18 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonMG

His posts are seriously useless......he’s asked for advice multiple times then proceeds to argue with the advice he’s given from highly regarded long time members.......

I just ignore him now.....not worth the time or effort to read or respond to his posts.....

Quick Reply: Best mods for increased reliability/durability?