S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Circuit Garage

Old 02-18-2015, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tinkolby_25
I received the shift knob I ordered today.
if only my over fenders came that fast
Old 02-19-2015, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I gotta say after seeing all this stuff, and researching more... Despite any personal attacks, he seems like he has a lot of genuine passion for The scene and adding new and innovative things.

He is not a business man however, I think it would be good if a member in Canada could take over and control the business and communication side of things, and let him focus on what he does best. This silence isn't good, and I know a lot of people are worried about their money or parts... But I think this is salvageable if someone just stepped in and managed from here on out.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Not to defend the owner but I do agree with Kuro! above. I believe he has the passion for the S2000 and want to make parts for our beloved car. However, as a business man he is struggling. I've ordered both front and rear flares wayyyy back (Dec 2013) and I received the rear flares in July 2014.

Good news is he has shipped my front flares out (just this week) - it's in transit to SoCal. So we'll see...

I have spoken with him via facebook chat and he is very regretful that it has come to this. He admitted that he chewed more than what he could handle but he is committed and not trying to scam people. Obviously, he is a one man show - design, manufacture and shipping; hence, it is lagging big time. Due to this lag and lack of communication, many people/customers have started to contact composite companies and have started to replicate his rear flares. Sooner or later, it was going to be replicated - it's the nature of the business i.e. Extreme Dimension, Shine, Forbidden...

I also concur that if an adequate composite company can jump in to buy his design to sell and provide communication with customer and ship the orders out in time, he could make a lot of money plus royalty.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotik25
I also concur that if an adequate composite company can jump in to buy his design to sell and provide communication with customer and ship the orders out in time, he could make a lot of money plus royalty.
That won't happen, because that would be the legit way to do it. Someone like RSG will just come a long and copy it for FREE. 100% of the proceeds will be pocketed, no royalty for Mr. Circuit Garage unless he patents them in the U.S.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:42 AM

I like the idea of supporting a boutique parts house for the s2000, because it leads to new things. Most other "composite companies" are just replicating things that were designed over 10 years ago.

I think the problem here(and i'm a little guilty of it myself) is that a lot of people not directly involved want to see "justice served". At the end of the day, we all share a common love, and the more I see this, I don't think Stephan ever made this company with the intent to rip people off, he just needs to know where his strengths and weaknesses lay.

I think if people do want this to work, a member in Canada should contact him about restructuring the company. I think some great things could come out of Circuit Garage in the future...
Old 02-19-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Kuro!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand why you guys keep calling him a 1-man shop.. He says this, but he repeatedly mentions his "manufacturer" being delayed and making excuses as to why they are taking too long. He is NOT a 1-man shop. He designed the product and made a few at the beginning, now he has someone else manufacture them. Technically he just took way too many pre-orders. When he saw the money coming in, he got greedy and kept taking more orders that there way no way for him to put out in a timely manner. That's what screwed him. At first he took pre-orders before the product was designed, so I understand why they took over a year to ship; that's acceptable. Now it is a different story because everything is designed and ready to go. I never thought he is trying to "steal" my money. But he sucks at business and time forecasts.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think for someone that simply made a mistake or is as level headed as some of you want him to be, he should have taken a few minutes out of his busy world tour schedule to come in here and own up to it.. Not just reply to people when he gets tired of being hassled about it.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by RHDS2K
I don't understand why you guys keep calling him a 1-man shop.. He says this, but he repeatedly mentions his "manufacturer" being delayed and making excuses as to why they are taking too long. He is NOT a 1-man shop. He designed the product and made a few at the beginning, now he has someone else manufacture them. Technically he just took way too many pre-orders. When he saw the money coming in, he got greedy and kept taking more orders that there way no way for him to put out in a timely manner. That's what screwed him. At first he took pre-orders before the product was designed, so I understand why they took over a year to ship; that's acceptable. Now it is a different story because everything is designed and ready to go. I never thought he is trying to "steal" my money. But he sucks at business and time forecasts.
nailed it
Old 02-19-2015, 10:31 AM

Look, i'm not entitled to a "valid" opinion on the matter as I don't personally have any money tied up with him. I'm just saying that moving forward from here, there are a few ways this can go... i'm just trying to help facilitate how everyone can make the best out of this "bad situation".

There is really no excuse going forward from here regarding money management, or delivery dates. Someone else local to him needs to get involved; at the current communication stalemate nothing productive is getting done in a timely manner.

After thinking about it for a bit, I personally want to see Circuit Garage work out. Not because i'm a fanboy or like the look, but because Let's get real... how many companies are still designing new products for these cars? Even if they're based on existing designs, a new product is always cool... and we will usually at least look at something new that is released, even if we like it or not.

Quick Reply: Circuit Garage