S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Circuit Garage Fender Flares

Old 01-26-2015, 06:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Warren, you still didn't get it yet?! glad I got my refund!
Coin? No. I'm holding out for the slim chance it comes out.

All my cards except one are chip and pin now so... I may just refund it and cry myself to sleep.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by black_EM1' timestamp='1422148211' post='23480409
Limited quantity, what a bleeding joke. More like "fly by night", if anything. Wonder why that one guy ho got his, highwaystardoritos or something isn't around here defending him. If you follow his Instagram like I used to; you'd swear they were the best of friends.
I honestly can't believe anyone put in orders seeing the pics of them. The fender shapes were wavy as hell, clearly didn't fit properly.

I am all for someone taking time to learn the process and make new parts but pretending you are something you are not is an entirely different story. Learning on other people's dime is definitely not the way to go. Frankly I will be amazed if his show car ever sees a single session on track. And if it ever does it will be a massive wakeup call when all that shit falls apart.

His attempt to in anyway associate himself with people like Nakai is just sad really.

It's even fine to over promise and under deliver, if you just don't bullshit people. Apologize and acknowledge the situation, and don't let it happen again. There seems to be no interest in doing that on his end. I got to the point with his stuff on Instagram that I just had to ask if this was being paid for by people who preordered some over fenders. His response was quite appropriate in saying "None of your business". I replied, "Yes that is correct. I don't intend to do business with someone that doesn't answer that question, "No! Absolutely not."
Because Andrew, people are sheep. In a way, it's a smart business practice; appealing to what people perceive as cool already and making an attempt to become famous by association with a well known entity in the "scene" already. You and I both know that his car will never see a track, or even be allowed on with all of his corner cutting modifications. It's neither safe nor smart. Almost every bit of his gallivanting in Japan is being paid for by those poor souls who ordered his knockoff flares.

But as this board has shown, people will blindly follow what they see, many times to a severe fault. His "build thread" is proof of that, near everything he designed is a slight modification of something already in existence. Not having the best quality starting point (knockoff J's Racing fenders), this enterprise was doomed to fail. He saw something that he could capitalize on people with and took it, to hell with quality control and hard work.

I still find it comical that I almost got banned for calling this scam artist out a long time ago.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:28 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

The flares are also for sale on Yahoo Japan and other assorted JDM auction sites. It looks like they are being sold through Mayday Garage I think it is. I stumbled across them on accident and couldn't help but laugh. They picture these are using is one of the pictures with the car in several different colors with no headlights installed.

I'm curious how someone who can't fill orders in a years time is selling his parts overseas as well.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Circuit Garage is gonna be like Circuit City in a minute
Old 01-27-2015, 01:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Car shop glow is selling the flares on yaj. The company that makes the $2000 tail lights.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The people in Japan probably don't know. How would a lawsuit work for someone across the border?
Old 01-28-2015, 05:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firstly, I'm no lawyer. But I would have several people call the RCMP office in Vancouver. A lawyer could confirm, but what is currently going on amounts to fraud and possibly even grand theft.

RCMP Vancouver Office: 604-985-1311

Having spent a lot of time between British Columbia and Texas, I would imagine a lawsuit would follow the same procedures as they do in the states.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:27 AM

I think karma may be coming sooner than expected. He's dumping parts, high dollar parts off of his car, on Instagram. Looks to me like Stephen is running out of money.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:10 AM

I don' think that is the case. If I recall, his earlier post had said he purchased a new GT wing while in Japan. He has also made it clear he intended to do a K swap- so that should explain the engine parts. There probably is little doubt though he is running thin on funds, since clearly he lacks the business acumen to operate a successful business. All speculation, but likely what happened is all the deposits for parts have been spent, and refunds are only occurring after an unknowing new customer makes a new deposit; which he then pays whatever expenses he deems appropriate first. If there is anything left, he likely goes back to the front of the wait list and provides a refund.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, the only people to get these flares so far must have been those with the most instagram followers

Quick Reply: Circuit Garage Fender Flares