S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Cusco 6 Point Roll cage

Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cusco 6 Point Roll cage

hey there guys,
im thinking of buying a cusco 6 point roll cage this weekend from this guy that has his up for sale.
he wanted 850 for but im not sure how much these go for new or used? and dont really know the pros and cons about this item.
as much feed back would help me with this purchase
thanks guys
Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

con: not approved for tracks where they require it
con: will get laughed at for a roll cage pretty much for show?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 AM

No one should be in a car with a full cage unless they are harnessed in and have a helmet. In an accident those pretty blue pipes will become deadly. Besides the cusco is a very poorly made cage and will not hold up really well in a collision. You are better off getting a hard dog roll bar or the rockstar garage roll bar.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:57 AM

^ i posted something very similiar to that, but now the post is gone...odd
Old 04-05-2013, 04:25 AM

I got mine for non track use. i have no issues with it. nobody makes fun of me because nobody else down here has it.

Fyi. Do some searching and you will find proof and pics the csge can/will save lives!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Nothing says safety like floppy hinges at every corner of the cage!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Crushco= safe Good luck, have one built or just get a rollbar that's approved. Cusco aren't track approved for a reason. They're all show. Don't get me wrong a caged up s2000 with the top down is a sexy sight but is it worth it to hit your head on a metal bar on every hard corner just cause it looks cool? Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:30 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by croftoncustoms
I got mine for non track use. i have no issues with it. nobody makes fun of me because nobody else down here has it.

Fyi. Do some searching and you will find proof and pics the csge can/will save lives!
Oh, believe me, they make fun of you... they just have manners
Kinda like seeing a fat chick wearing a tanktop showing her gut off. You'll look, you'll question her motive in your head... but you won't say anything to her cause it'd be rude.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

My issue with the 6 point is the bolts that sit right above your head and will go right into your head if something does happen. I live the look but it's not worth it. Just the roll bar is plenty for regular driving.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by LagunaBlu2k
Crushco= safe Good luck, have one built or just get a rollbar that's approved. Cusco aren't track approved for a reason. They're all show. Don't get me wrong a caged up s2000 with the top down is a sexy sight but is it worth it to hit your head on a metal bar on every hard corner just cause it looks cool? Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

You must mean why they aren't approved in the US! They are approved for track use in Japan!

If you do get anything more than a 4 or 5 point you should really be wearing a helmet or at least have padding around the bars to prevent you hitting your head on the metal! The 4/5 points are only behind the seats and much less of a risk of hitting your head on them...

Quick Reply: Cusco 6 Point Roll cage