S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Custom FIPK Heat Shield

Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumped for later, can't see pics on work computer.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new filter comes tomorrow for my new setup. Yes i am no longer using my shield :0, just wanted something different...I will probably be selling that along with my K&N intake system. i think i just like wasting money lol. My new setup will almost be complete once i finish that damn headlight scoop... waiting to buy a driver side headlight as well and using the still disassembled passenger project headlight for a template... 2 headlight scoops = no high beams, anyone know of a really bright fog light? lol
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by bnag0
My new filter comes tomorrow for my new setup. Yes i am no longer using my shield :0, just wanted something different...I will probably be selling that along with my K&N intake system. i think i just like wasting money lol. My new setup will almost be complete once i finish that damn headlight scoop... waiting to buy a driver side headlight as well and using the still disassembled passenger project headlight for a template... 2 headlight scoops = no high beams, anyone know of a really bright fog light? lol
My FIPK is in the mail, I've been looking over your design as a base to use for my version, if that's alright. One thing I did note a few pages back, is that if you extended your side closest to the bumper hole slightly, you could run a velocity stack. My design will incorporate a BPi velocity stack, and filter. As far as the hole, if you look at the Gruppe M intake, it pulls air directly from there.

I believe it has some form of sealing tube there. If I could modify a rubber hose to seal both at the opening on the heatshield, and the fender opening, it would essentially be the same thing. Since you're selling it anyway, do you think you could send me the dimensions, or is that too much to ask? Just spitballing the idea. It still has a ways to go.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 AM

Black,
Thanks for taking interest in the thread, I would love to see what you come up with. I did have plans to run the filter into the fender and get air from my headlight scoop just never got the headlight done lol. Work in progress...

I am not a big fan of giving my dimensions away, obviously when i sell it that person will be able too do whatever they want with the shield and the information, but i put a lot of work into it and i encourage everyone else to do the same.

I will be posting pictures of my new setup on my custom headlight thread later today..
Old 03-20-2012, 09:45 AM

So how much are you gonna sell the k&n intake along with the rest of the setup for because I am very interested??
Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by s2kscott
So how much are you gonna sell the k&n intake along with the rest of the setup for because I am very interested??
Im not really sure yet, the K&N FIPK has the tube the silicone coupling the original shield and brackets but is missing all of the rubber hoses...

The custom shield needs a new paint job along with the brackets. I think i will strip it all down and take a few pictures and post them on this thread? Ive never sold anything on here before idk how people feel about the whole auction style selling thing. I guess i could just throw it up on ebay i am not really sure what kind of a price i should put on it. I know i wouldn't get much for the time i put into it. I also have no idea what people would pay for it.

I also have 2 filters that i am no longer using that i can also post up...
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm me on the fipk or the custom shield. Please
Old 03-22-2012, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my k&n for a couple years now with oem hood and have been considering the hood vent mod for quite a while now. I have been waiting for GP fab to release his fusebox/battery cover b4 pulling the trigger on the vent mod bc I am afraid of water getting to those parts. After researching this for a long time I have found some interesting facts. 1st every person I have spoken with locally and on the forums that has the hood vent mod (some with k&n, some with other cai, and some with FI) all but 1 have not had any issues with water getting in the air filter. I am still on the defense bc the consequences of getting that wrong would be detrimental, but recently I spoke with some of the track guys at a meet and they took some temp. mearsurments with the coolant on a car with the top two holes on both sides and a car with 3 holes on passenger side. The car with the top two holes closest to windshield (meaning the filter would be covered by hood) actually had higher coolant temps than stock and the one with the 3 holes on one side!! To the point it was boiling out of the radiator! The one with 3 holes was lower but still higher than stock! We believe it may have something to do with pressure...I have a mishimoto radiator so not too worried, but good stuff to consider!!! FYI, I was talking to Gernby who is well known on the forums and in N. texas for being the Flashpro Genius!!! He knows more about s2k and flashpro than Hondata!!!