S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Discount code available for King Penn Industries?

Old 08-24-2014, 05:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Discount code available for King Penn Industries?

Does King Penn Industries offer any kind of discount code for members of this forum? I'm considering their rear wind deflector. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks to the poster who provided the discount code. I thought I'd share my experiences with this inexplicably highly-regarded vendor.

The deflector arrived promptly, so there's that. However, when I opened it, the instructions stated there'd be 2 screws and 2 nuts. No nuts in the package, so I buggered off to Lowes and snagged two appropriate Nylok nuts. Went to install the deflector and when I tried to push the screws through the base from the top, they wouldn't go. Using a screwdriver, I could twist them in...they were obviously threading through the base material (wood), which was gonna be a problem since the nuts were basically captive in the lid and wouldn't be able to turn, so that meant the screw would have to be able to turn freely.

Called King Penn...first guy says, "Um, your car should already have the nuts." Okay, fine...this car's been modified heavily, so I'm ready to believe the nuts were just taken out. So why does your instructions say you supply nuts? "Hmmm. Lemme find someone else."

The next guy says, yeah, that's a mistake. But since I bought nuts anyway, we're golden. When I tell him the screws don't go through the base freely he says, "Hmmm, that's not right." He insists they should just drop through. Finally, after I explain that they're NOT dropping through, they're threading through the base, he says, "Well, that sounds like a mistake...I guess you'll just have to drill them out yourself." Which I did. Installation done.

I'm not complaining about the complexity of the installation....it's two screws and two nuts, for god's sake. We're not going to the moon, here. But for what this piece of acrylic and wood costs, I shouldn't have to be modifying it to work. This part's about as complex as an anvil, you'd think they could align their fecal matter as far as their manufacturing process and printed instructions go.

Now that it's installed, it's great. Works like a charm. I didn't go with the 'gee whiz' etching or LED illumination...just wanted the wind blockage. The only downside is that it's too tall for me to open the secret compartment more than about 2" now.