S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

does the CR have a stock lsd dif?

Old 09-24-2008, 04:37 PM

Received 1,262 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by 08s2000CRbackinblack,Sep 23 2008, 01:34 PM
im into draggin a bit but when i drop the clutch both wheels spin so i dont know if my diff is sufficient for dragging or if the 1.5 would be better. im not gonna buy one anyway unless my goes
You're into drag racing but you bought the S2000? You're in for some disappointment.

Both wheels will spin when you launch it every time with the stock diff unless one wheel is on ice or off the ground or something crazy where there is WAYYYY too big of a torque difference between wheels.

You don't need a 1.5 way diff for that. Kalm Traveler is a bit misguided. I think what he meant to say is that a clutching diff will keep both wheels locked even if one is off the ground momentarily. It could be a 1 way clutching diff, a 1.5 way or a 2 way....as long as it's not a torsen LSD, it will lock both wheels even if one is off the ground.

This is a problem only in hardcore road racing or autocross when you're lifting a wheel due to track curbing or tire grip and big sway bars.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious,Sep 24 2008, 04:37 PM
You're into drag racing but you bought the S2000? You're in for some disappointment.

Both wheels will spin when you launch it every time with the stock diff unless one wheel is on ice or off the ground or something crazy where there is WAYYYY too big of a torque difference between wheels.

You don't need a 1.5 way diff for that. Kalm Traveler is a bit misguided. I think what he meant to say is that a clutching diff will keep both wheels locked even if one is off the ground momentarily. It could be a 1 way clutching diff, a 1.5 way or a 2 way....as long as it's not a torsen LSD, it will lock both wheels even if one is off the ground.

This is a problem only in hardcore road racing or autocross when you're lifting a wheel due to track curbing or tire grip and big sway bars.
i didnt buy it strictly for drag racing but just like to go every now and then to see what my mods ive done and to see if they have helped my 1/4 mile times just for the fun of it
Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by S2KPUDDYDAD,Sep 23 2008, 02:29 PM
and this is what it looks like insude
AP2 diff for standard and CR S2000
is that an interrapid? If so nice piece i love mine.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious,Sep 24 2008, 04:37 PM
Not misguided at all, a 1.5 way LSD is the best for a street car because of how and when it locks.

For a track car you'd want 1 way, 1.5 way, or 2 way depending on the scenario, but he drives the car around primarily and is probably not a professional driver.

http://www.kaazuk.com/faq.php
Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 PM

im not looking to buy a new diff but if min ever goes just trying to see what the best option what be for a dd/ slash rarely dragged car. i just like to drag some muscle cars that think they are so bad ass and to make them feel dumb. give people a second opinion. you should of seen the guys face i beat when i ran a 12.01 in my boosted civic and against a modded buick grand national. he launched on me hard off the start but i started pullin hard once i finally got traction and pulled by him shortly after the 1/8th mile. its the thrill of it all you know? shit i drag raced my nissan titan 14.92 its all in fun