S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Driver's Seat Pan Lowering Mod Question

Old 02-05-2009, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver's Seat Pan Lowering Mod Question

Hi,

I have a question for all those that have done this mod.

Can it be done off-line (away from the car)?

My car is in storage, and while I think I can yank the seat out, I don't really have the room to work on it there.

Further, I am considering to cut up the rear part of the seat pan and install a more permanent/adjustable arrangement as some others have done (rather than just hammering upon the rear pan attachment bolts).

I'd hate to cut up (or hammer) the rear and drill the front, and then find out that the seat pan is too low, and interferes with the floor of the car.

So the question is: Can I do so without the car for "fittment testing"? That is, would I be albe to judge -off site, away from the car- how much lowering is right (and not too much)?

Is the process one of trial and error (has to be done with the car near by for testing) or can it be done off line? If it can be done off line how do I know how much lowering is the right amount? (Or, will it be obvious to me once I have the seat out?)

Another question: "Hog rings" vs heavy duty tie wraps? I know some users have tried the tie wrap method, and it sounds like the advantage is primarily speed: Just cut old hog rings, and no fussing with new ones. How have tie wraps held up over time?

Thanks so much in advance for any help or other suggestions/tips!

Best Wishes,
Eric

PS - Please accept my apologies for duplicate post in S2000 Talk - but I thought this might have a broader response here...