S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Fender liners and splash guards?

Old 08-10-2015, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender liners and splash guards?

On my 03, do I need to have a splashguard and the fender liners? The rear has no liner at all, and the front has no undertray and the front fender liner is wearing away. I'm debating whether or not to order new ones since every time I turn, my 235's scrape on the inside of the liner and have slowly started to burn away at it. Just want some of your opinions since you obviously know what you're doing!
Old 08-10-2015, 02:41 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

You definitely want the front undertray. It manages airflow for cooling.

Front liners are technically optional, but I'd prefer keeping them to protect your inner fenders and back of your headlights from rocks. If you are scraping with 235s, you have the wrong wheel offset or are too low.

The rears do not have liners from the factory.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Which I have always found a little odd...
Old 08-10-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
You definitely want the front undertray. It manages airflow for cooling.

Front liners are technically optional, but I'd prefer keeping them to protect your inner fenders and back of your headlights from rocks. If you are scraping with 235s, you have the wrong wheel offset or are too low.

Good to know. I should rephrase when I said scrape. I don't mean like body frame scrape, I mean they scrape on the inside of the fender when turning very sharply. Would you say that they still need readjusted?
Old 08-10-2015, 07:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by littleterrorist
Good to know. I should rephrase when I said scrape. I don't mean like body frame scrape, I mean they scrape on the inside of the fender when turning very sharply. Would you say that they still need readjusted?
Your tires should never contact the fender liner, ideally. What size wheels do you have, including offsets? Maybe you could run a 225 tire to avoid the issue. Are you lowered?

I would never run without fender liners in the front... they protect quite a bit. S2000s can look a bit off from certain angles without fender liners. Also, like already stated, the undertray is important too.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by VilleS2K
Originally Posted by littleterrorist
Your tires should never contact the fender liner, ideally. What size wheels do you have, including offsets? Maybe you could run a 225 tire to avoid the issue. Are you lowered?

I would never run without fender liners in the front... they protect quite a bit. S2000s can look a bit off from certain angles without fender liners. Also, like already stated, the undertray is important too.
I am on stock ride height and I recently bought the car and am not sure of the offset. They could possibly be offset, they are aftermarket wheels. MB Weapons. But where would you recommend going to get fender liners? I try to avoid using Honda since they are a**holes in my town
Old 08-11-2015, 01:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

There's a guy a couple years back that made inner fender liners for the rear. I remember he sold them quite well when they first came out.

If anyone is interested I can try to search for the guy. There was a long, long thread about it.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:00 AM

Received 1,248 Likes on 945 Posts

Buy fender liners from a honda dealer. Bernardiparts.com or something. They're one of the discounted cost Honda parts sites.

Or buy good used ones on eBay.

I wouldn't run without liners. They protect your headlights, engine bay, and door jambs from ALL kinds of crap. For example....If you run over some roadkill...and you don't have a liner, I hope you like picking rotted pieces of racoon out of the door hinges.

Imagine running over goose shit, shitty rain water, bodily fluids, or whatever is on the road...and then having to smell it as it festers in the door cavity directly in front of you.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
Buy fender liners from a honda dealer. Bernardiparts.com or something. They're one of the discounted cost Honda parts sites.

Or buy good used ones on eBay.

I wouldn't run without liners. They protect your headlights, engine bay, and door jambs from ALL kinds of crap. For example....If you run over some roadkill...and you don't have a liner, I hope you like picking rotted pieces of racoon out of the door hinges.

Imagine running over goose shit, shitty rain water, bodily fluids, or whatever is on the road...and then having to smell it as it festers in the door cavity directly in front of you.

Well that last part was very convincing
Old 08-11-2015, 06:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidc1
There's a guy a couple years back that made inner fender liners for the rear. I remember he sold them quite well when they first came out.

If anyone is interested I can try to search for the guy. There was a long, long thread about it.
I remember that thread... I was thinking about buying a set at one point...

Anyone running a pair of these, and do they make a difference?

I find it odd not to have a rear fender lining... Anytime you drive over a road with some gravel/debris the stuff sounds like it is bouncing around back there like a pinball machine...

Quick Reply: Fender liners and splash guards?