S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Functional Chassis Bracing

Old 06-01-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Functional Chassis Bracing

SO I just bought a CT intake and Invidia single cat back. I bought the CT due to the low cost to own, and cute little CF cover on the intake. I bought the Invidia due to the low volume level, lower weight due to the single and overall positive reviews.

How do I like them? I realized I'm old because to me they're too harsh and the volume ruins the "cruise." I'm 29 now and I guess my days of loving the sound of daily driven unmuffled B series cars is behind me *le sigh*. They're being sold.

Th resulting profit will help fund some chassis bracing, does anyone have any experience with some chassis bracing that actually makes a difference? I'm going to be getting some Fortune Auto Coilovers so those are off the list, and already have the Eibach sways. I'm not looking for a "Yo check out my sweet JDM strut bar" I'd like something that actually carries some science or real world experience behind it, and if at all possible isn’t going to break the bank, although spending the cash on quality doesn’t rustle my jimmies in the least.

I’m going to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn now.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IVIcGurk
How do I like them? I realized I'm old because to me they're too harsh and the volume ruins the "cruise." I'm 29 now and I guess my days of loving the sound of daily driven unmuffled B series cars is behind me *le sigh*. They're being sold.
You're not old, you've just impaired your hearing over the years!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IVIcGurk
SO I just bought a CT intake and Invidia single cat back. I bought the CT due to the low cost to own, and cute little CF cover on the intake. I bought the Invidia due to the low volume level, lower weight due to the single and overall positive reviews.

Th resulting profit will help fund some chassis bracing, does anyone have any experience with some chassis bracing that actually makes a difference? I'm going to be getting some Fortune Auto Coilovers so those are off the list, and already have the Eibach sways. I'm not looking for a "Yo check out my sweet JDM strut bar" I'd like something that actually carries some science or real world experience behind it, and if at all possible isn’t going to break the bank, although spending the cash on quality doesn’t rustle my jimmies in the least.

I’m going to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn now.

Give it few weeks it will quieten down a lot... you will get to like it.

Edit: bracing is waste of money unless you track you car..and even then i dont think the added wieght vs stiff chassis gives that much benefit.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always invest in good set of mounts for the motor, trans and diff. And upgraded bushings for the car.mixed with Aero and sticky tires makes a fun ride more fun
Old 06-02-2013, 12:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it an N1 or Q300?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cucso makes several parts to brace the S2000 chassis--- there is a front U bar that ties the lower suspension points together as well as a lower rear brace to replace the factory bent sheet metal one. They also make a pair of full chassis braces that run front to back on each side that tie the front and rear subframes together.

I have the first two braces on mine and i think it makes a subtle but noticable difference.

The full chassis braces are supposed to be great---lots of folks here have them.

Here's a link to a thread about them-- there are many others.....(the shorter silver bar beside the plastic wrapped chassis brace in the first picture is the Cusco rear lower brace)

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/131...chassis-brace/
Old 06-02-2013, 05:46 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I went fortune auto 510 v4. Swift springs13kfront/12krear. Couldn't be happier with the way she handles. Front camber -1 and rear -1.9. I'm in heaven plus the gendron adjustable front swaybar and 17x9 non staggered makes this car mean around turns
Old 06-05-2013, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any ladder brace that ties both subframes together. Paired with engine ..trans... and diff mounts will make for a noticeably stiffer ride. As will a roll bar... but many on here are against using a rollbar for the street. But if you want something to be solid thats the way to go. As far as a strut tower bar they mostly are just a comfy place to put your hand while working on the motor... unless of course it ties in three points. Both strut towers and firewall ( carbing makes one for the miata unsure about the s2k though ) if you have an ap1 then you could also add a front solid swaybar into the mix.. the swift is nice and what i run but the gendron is alot better... its also $1000 so up to you. If you have an ap2 the sway bar options are a bit better as you may want a stiffer rear sway as well. Other than that alot of bracing is just added weight.