S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Js Racing QC

Old 05-24-2019, 12:08 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Literally every single J's part I've ever had has been kind of a shit show as far as quality. The lip bought had to be molded and reinforced considerably, the 60RS exhaust I had literally broke at the flange going to the cat, and had some terribly suspect welds, and catch can looked and felt like an ebay item. I have a friend that had a few of the higher dollar parts, like the big brake kit and the red anodizing faded to pink within a year. It's pretty well documented that their body panels need a pretty considerable amount of work to fit even close to OEM, and the exhaust thing is nothing new.

The only J's part I currently have that I've had no issues with are the front RCAs.

They make good shift knobs
Old 05-26-2019, 02:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the Type-S kit for my car and everything fits like I hoped it would. Doesn't fit as good as OEM obviously, but probably 90% of aftermarket parts doesn't fit like OEM. And the remaining 10% are more high end brands like Mugen and ASM.
I've read the horror stories about the fenders so decided not to order these and go with the Downforce ones. And tbh they are FAR worse compared to the J's Racing panels I have...
Also have the 60RS dual exhaust and J's Racing header and can't see anything wrong with the welds, but I have seen another J's header before with very poor welds indeed.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:38 PM

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
^ That looks good to me. Definitely indicative of the quality you SHOULD expect when spending the money on a brand such as J's. Apparently according to the pictures and people in this thread and their experiences you definitely lucked out my friend. Perhaps their newer exhausts were outsourced whereas they used to be made in house? Regardless even if they're outsourced there's a certain acceptable level of quality the person contracting them needs to sign off on.....As a name brand I certainly wouldn't allow that product to represent my company for sure.

Apparently Evasive offered him another J's exhaust in the exact style and it too looked identical to the one posted in the OP comment....unfortunate if J's is really moving product out like that. Even if it doesn't affect function or integrity of the system I'd like to know that the high pricetag yielded me more than just results in sound, but also in pride of workmanship and attention to detail.
Looks good to you and me both mate, thanks
Yeah, J's is a respected and sought after brand in our tuning community so the fact that even just a few products come off as questionable in terms of quality does hurt their rep. It's a shame really. I mean J's Racing are direct rivals to the sacred Spoon Sports! And of course they're rivals to Amuse as well. Whilst the competition is close, J's S2000's have usually managed to take the upper hand in Hot Version touge competitions which says a hell of a lot about their build quality and tuning prowess. You can't fake that...

And like you said with a high price tag you expect nothing but the best. Now I'm glad I can say I got that level of quality. In light of what happened to the OP and others that makes me feel damn good!
Old 05-27-2019, 05:03 AM

Received 86 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Looks good to you and me both mate, thanks
Yeah, J's is a respected and sought after brand in our tuning community so the fact that even just a few products come off as questionable in terms of quality does hurt their rep. It's a shame really. I mean J's Racing are direct rivals to the sacred Spoon Sports! And of course they're rivals to Amuse as well. Whilst the competition is close, J's S2000's have usually managed to take the upper hand in Hot Version touge competitions which says a hell of a lot about their build quality and tuning prowess. You can't fake that...

And like you said with a high price tag you expect nothing but the best. Now I'm glad I can say I got that level of quality. In light of what happened to the OP and others that makes me feel damn good!
Yours does look quite a bit better than those I’ve seen. Consider yourself blessed! I doubt they ever made their exhausts fully in house, but they have almost certainly tried to find ways to cut cost in the past 5 years or so.

Sadly Spoon is the same way. Just an affect of how most people buy parts now
Old 05-27-2019, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by awhit17
Yours does look quite a bit better than those I’ve seen. Consider yourself blessed! I doubt they ever made their exhausts fully in house, but they have almost certainly tried to find ways to cut cost in the past 5 years or so.

Sadly Spoon is the same way. Just an affect of how most people buy parts now
Thank you dude
since I'm so blessed I believe mine was made in-house in Osaka, Japan where Junichi's Racing is from Or is it Juichi..? I can't remember now haha.

Spoon as well? Ah no man...
Old 05-27-2019, 06:33 PM

Received 86 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Thank you dude
since I'm so blessed I believe mine was made in-house in Osaka, Japan where Junichi's Racing is from Or is it Juichi..? I can't remember now haha.

Spoon as well? Ah no man...
Yeah, take a look at one of their exhausts from 10 years ago vs today. Just not as nice.

I blame people who buy cheap parts forcing companies like Spoon and J’s to try and cut costs aggressively.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:04 PM

Yeah, take a look at one of their exhausts from 10 years ago vs today. Just not as nice.

I blame people who buy cheap parts forcing companies like Spoon and J’s to try and cut costs aggressively.
I blame those people too.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:39 PM
Lex

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a J's racing titanium dual exhaust coming in about 2 months so let's see how this pans out..
Old 05-31-2019, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lex
I have a J's racing titanium dual exhaust coming in about 2 months so let's see how this pans out..
Definitely looking forward to seeing pics of yours as soon as you get it. Which one did you order?
Old 05-31-2019, 05:15 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

People who buy cheap junk were never going to buy nice parts in the first place.

J's quality is just ass and has been so for a solid while. Look at the J's website, everything new from them is catered to weebs who watch too much anime, from carbon steering wheel covers, floor mats, the same generic plastic knob with a cheap stick-on coin that 15 other brands use, their weird "T-Rev" system that seems a lot like a gimmick, low quality plastic models and their Stellar V tail lights that are noted as incredibly crap quality in the Honda Fit community (seems like about 50% report leaks within a year of purchase).

If the J's lip weren't my second favorite piece of aero for this chassis......I'd never put a single J's Racing part on my car.

(Also their US sales rep sucks)

Quick Reply: Js Racing QC