S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Js Racing QC

Old 05-15-2019, 11:11 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex
I guess the quality just isn't there anymore. I'm sure it sounds great though! Pretty sure I will end up going titanium b/c of the information in this current thread. This is really pushing me to just have a local shop build me a custom titanium exhaust for the J's kit instead of ordering their titanium exhaust for the kit.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do man! As long as the welds hold up, you should be fine.
Yeah man J's exhausts sound incredible! Titanium in particular so get one if you can. The other thing with owning a famous JDM tuner's product is the prestige/heritage that comes along with it and that's something I love
Old 05-15-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nibreezy
It seems like a lot of the Js exhausts are similar in quality now. I talked to a competent welder and he said it’s not the prettiest welds but it’ll still hold up fine. I’m considering to keep it but not sure.
It's really unfortunate about the apparent quality issues nowadays but that may be due to things having changed over the years like over at Amuse Matsui-san left and some things changed there as a result which supposedly affected the quality of some parts.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:05 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nibreezy
It seems like a lot of the Js exhausts are similar in quality now. I talked to a competent welder and he said it’s not the prettiest welds but it’ll still hold up fine. I’m considering to keep it but not sure.
A blind man can probably weld something that would "hold up fine" but when you're paying a premium, not cool. My girlfriend's a welder and she cringed at those welds you posted, they are worse than her welds when she was learning.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by ISADE
A blind man can probably weld something that would "hold up fine" but when you're paying a premium, not cool. My girlfriend's a welder and she cringed at those welds you posted, they are worse than her welds when she was learning.
Maybe that exhaust the OP got was from the "intern training stockpile" but they forgot to separate it from the experienced welders' stockpile and instead sold it by mistake...
Old 05-18-2019, 02:48 AM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Or maybe J’s is and always has been a bit of a joke when it comes to making exhausts. Nothing like paying over $1000 for a MIG welded partially made in Taiwan exhaust that tends to have fitment issues.

It will always surprise me that people continue to support J’s given their lackluster product
Old 05-19-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by awhit17
Or maybe J’s is and always has been a bit of a joke when it comes to making exhausts. Nothing like paying over $1000 for a MIG welded partially made in Taiwan exhaust that tends to have fitment issues.

It will always surprise me that people continue to support J’s given their lackluster product
"always has been a bit of a joke..."? No way. The problem is sub quality knock offs that hurt their image.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:45 AM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
"always has been a bit of a joke..."? No way. The problem is sub quality knock offs that hurt their image.
The replicas have had better shape than the authentic for quite some time now unfortunately. I sold my j’s racing 1st gen titanium 70rr exhaust recently as I just don’t want to support this brand until they fix their problems.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:55 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Yeah J's racing sucks.

I'm probably going to buy replica side skirts because I'm pretty confident a decent replica will be better quality than actual J's.

Source: I have authentic J's half bumper & canards on AP1, had authentic J's lip, grille, wing, exhaust and coilovers in the past.

They outsource the coilovers and they were by far the nicest piece I've had of theirs.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:40 PM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Could not agree with you less. The only welds that are consistently close to acceptable on the J’s exhausts are ones done by machines at whatever factory they’re made in.

The hand welds, both Titanium and Stainless, are hit or miss. Usually miss. I’ve seen quite a few in person, and if you comb through the FS adds on here you can see the iffy quality for yourself. Also they tend to fit not so great. Lol.

Im a huge proponent of authentic parts but that doesn’t mean J’s knows how to make an exhaust.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by awhit17
Could not agree with you less. The only welds that are consistently close to acceptable on the J’s exhausts are ones done by machines at whatever factory they’re made in.

The hand welds, both Titanium and Stainless, are hit or miss. Usually miss. I’ve seen quite a few in person, and if you comb through the FS adds on here you can see the iffy quality for yourself. Also they tend to fit not so great. Lol.

Im a huge proponent of authentic parts but that doesn’t mean J’s knows how to make an exhaust.
IF what you say is true then I'm definitely one of the fortunate ones who received a well made J's exhaust by skilled welders. Made in Japan fit for the Maou Touge champion

Quick Reply: Js Racing QC