S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Just bought a PRM Jetstream Intake!

Old 01-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i found a pic on another PRM thread and it doesn't line up very well ass you can see but i think i might grow some balls buy it and cut the main pipe shorter to line directly upwith the AUT

Old 01-07-2011, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah thats what I was afraid of. I know the PRM gets most of its air from beside the radiator, so thats why I got a completely flat cooling panel so that all of the air gets pushed either into, or to the side of the radiator so it might get more air.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Jan 7 2011, 08:56 PM
Yeah thats what I was afraid of. I know the PRM gets most of its air from beside the radiator, so thats why I got a completely flat cooling panel so that all of the air gets pushed either into, or to the side of the radiator so it might get more air.
Yes it does look as if thats where it is meant to get the air. Only in my car i made a custom bumper scoop that directs the air directly up to the AUT, this is the only reason why id rather have it right in line with the AUT scoop. I don't think it would to big of a deal cutting the pipe but once i do that its not like i can sell it again lol.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM

I'm sure you still could...I would think that chopping 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch off the end of the pipe where it meets the black housing for the filter

but I'm ok w/it...just gotta see how it fits when I get the Mishimoto radiator put in...tuh tuh tuh...I'm sure it'll have some more give at teh throttle body to be able to move it where I need it to go
Old 01-07-2011, 10:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I went the other way guys, moved my PRM close to the fender opening below where the hood strut clips down. I also cut open the fake duct on the passenger side of the AP2 bumper to push more air up through to the intake. Even in the hot tropics I can feel no difference between the PRM and OEM intake. I'm happy with the reduced engine bay clutter and of course the sound. Better bang for the buck than most cat back exhausts IMO.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 PM

interesting...I'm thinking about doing some kind of duct work using the fake vents on the front bumper...something like this would do the trick:

http://store.quantummotorsports.com/index....&products_id=66

or just cutting that fake vent out...but I think it would be more beneficial to run some kinda tubing from that inlet port up around the radiator and to the horn
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM

So where's the filter? Inside the "horn"
How's is it changed/cleNed and where can you buy more filters?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:27 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by rugsr
So where's the filter? Inside the "horn"
How's is it changed/cleNed and where can you buy more filters?

the filter is inside the black plastic case.. There are 3 screws that hold it together. And it is a standard K&N filter.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep Gigdy is right. The filter should last for a very very long time since you just clean it every so often with a K&N recharge kit. The filter takes up the whole black plastic part of the intake.

Here is how mine looks now with the duct

Old 03-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Can you guys post a pic of the filter?
I has an idea but would like to see how the filter looks / sits.
Also, at the end of the black plastic part there's a "horn", think this does anything?

I'm guessing the chrome arm is 3" and the black plastic piece is 4"...right?

Quick Reply: Just bought a PRM Jetstream Intake!