S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Mishimoto fans

Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've run their radiator and fan shroud on my time attack car for the last two years and have never had an issue. Even at Road Atlanta in May for Global Time Attack when it was super hot - no issues at all.

for Mishimoto products and their customer service should you need it.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
I will vouch for the fan shroud.

I picked up a FullBlown radiator though and the mounting positions for the fans were cock-eyed and off. I had to slightly modify one of the fan mounts on the shroud to get it to bolt up. I chopped off the stock pigtails and soldered/heatshrunk them to the Mishimoto fans - didn't have any issues.

Didn't hear back from FullBlown when I told them about the fan mount though. It didn't leak and I got it working so I didn't bother much with it. I will be upgrading the cap, thermo and fan switch so I'll take another look at it later on.

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
I've run their radiator and fan shroud on my time attack car for the last two years and have never had an issue. Even at Road Atlanta in May for Global Time Attack when it was super hot - no issues at all.

for Mishimoto products and their customer service should you need it.
Thank you very much guys! Feedback is always good and positive feedback is great.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Mishimoto fans and shroud and they fit like glove on the Koyo radiator. No fitment issues at all. I cut the connectors off the stock fans and put them on the Mishimoto fans, no issue. I also installed a Mishimoto thermostat(low temp) no issue. However I attempted to install Low Temp fan switch and no go. While the connector looks the same it is slightly different. I have 06 S. The switch says MMSWITCH-CIV-06. for a Honda Civic, applications include 06-09 S2000 among several others. Do I have the wrong switch?

Here is my issue. The orange is the new switch. The tabs on the bottom are wider and tabs on the side are off center vs the OEM switch. Sorry for the blur but the iphone would not focus close up but you can see the issue.

Name:  IMG_10641_zps3bdbe646.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  IMG_10651_zps06afd523.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  68.6 KB
Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Savior 99SH just gave me the answer. If you have a Hondata FlashPro(which I do).

"Well...that's not a pleasant surprise. I reused my OEM switch.

Why are you changing yours to a lower temp? You know the Flashpro has controls to active the fans whenever you want right? Just type in whatever temperature you want the fans to turn on and use the stock switch.

I think this is coming.... "

Anybody want to buy a Mishimoto fan switch?

Oh I need to say John at Mishimoto wrote me back as soon as I posted and is helping me solve the problem! Great customer service(he is still working on it but I could care less now as I am installing my old switch).