S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

My X Brace Review

Old 03-14-2008, 11:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i like my muz xbrace. purpose wasn't to go faster around the track...just wanted to make daily driving more comfortable. front end feels more solid when i drive over rough terrain like railroad tracks or potholes. especially noticeable when turning and driving over rough terrain.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LEE72,Mar 14 2008, 11:06 AM
FWIW I've spent over $3000 purely on driving education, so I think I at least know the fundamentals.
Cool. That's $3000 more than most. Of course, money spent is not really the object here, but it is an unfortunate side effect. (By my reckoning, a single track day costs about $500, more or less.)

You weren't the OP, though. If anything, I would guess that he was eager to experience the "crisp turn-in" of his new X-brace, so he turned in a little harder and sharper than normal. That scrubbed a bit more speed than normal, and he may also have breathed off the throttle a bit. That transfered weight off the rear and also increased the yaw rate of the car, both of which contributed to higher slip angles in the back, which he felt as "fishtailing".

In other words, I would bet an RA1 that this was a self-fulfilling prophecy. He pushed the car a little harder than normal in his effort to try and feel the effect of his mod, and that caused a reaction that he didn't expect, so he decided it was due to the mod.

BZZZZT! It was due to the driving. As mentioned above, IF the x-brace really does add front stiffness, then the way the car will respond is with more understeer, not more oversteer.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple test. (Prior to burning the witch...)

Jack the rear end up 6 inches and measure the height of the front wheel (on each side) from the ground, with and without the brace.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Mar 14 2008, 12:50 PM
If anything, I would guess that he was eager to experience the "crisp turn-in" of his new X-brace, so he turned in a little harder and sharper than normal. That scrubbed a bit more speed than normal, and he may also have breathed off the throttle a bit.
Bzzzt! Actually I was expecting it to not work with many people saying it doesn't yet alot say it does, so your wrong thinking you know it all, if it doesn't work why does high end company make things like that think about what your saying before talking out of your ass, and for your information i took that same turn at the same speed because after installing it I wanted to see what the conditions are, and buzzzt! your wrong agin as people also agree that the x brace the lower one even stabilizes the frame causing even bump distribution on rough roads, so again talking out your ass, and get off my post, no one gives a damn what you say.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vtec4life,Mar 14 2008, 05:10 PM
Bzzzt! Actually I was expecting it to not work with many people saying it doesn't yet alot say it does, so your wrong thinking you know it all, if it doesn't work why does high end company make things like that think about what your saying before talking out of your ass, and for your information i took that same turn at the same speed because after installing it I wanted to see what the conditions are, and buzzzt! your wrong agin as people also agree that the x brace the lower one even stabilizes the frame causing even bump distribution on rough roads, so again talking out your ass, and get off my post, no one gives a damn what you say.
I give a damn

But seriously though, this issue has been raised many times. I would suggest you do a little more research into the mechanics of what you think the brace is accomplishing. The key word is: placebo

It was cool that you posted a review though.

btw:
if it doesn't work why does high end company make things like that think about what your saying before talking out of your ass,
I'll answer your question with another question, why do so many companies make a "strut" brace for the s2000?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by chuhsi,Mar 14 2008, 11:09 AM
i like my muz xbrace. purpose wasn't to go faster around the track...just wanted to make daily driving more comfortable. front end feels more solid when i drive over rough terrain like railroad tracks or potholes. especially noticeable when turning and driving over rough terrain.
Sounds like you need a SUV?

I have my brace for a different set of reasons
Old 03-14-2008, 05:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

vtec4, I'm hosting a track day April 28th at Summit Point. This is not a call-out, but a sincere invitation to join us. There will be many S2000's there for this one-day event. Instruction is included in the price. Check the Mid-Atlantic forum for details.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Mar 14 2008, 09:21 PM
I have mine for a different set of reasons
My Muz brace saved my oil pan at least 3 times, if not more. Losing an oil pan while driving is very expensive. It stays on the car for that reason... only.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

[QUOTE=modMonkey,Mar 14 2008, 05:20 PM] I give a damn
Old 03-14-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by INTJ,Mar 14 2008, 01:03 PM
Simple test. (Prior to burning the witch...)

Jack the rear end up 6 inches and measure the height of the front wheel (on each side) from the ground, with and without the brace.
Seriously. Get a farkin clue.

Quick Reply: My X Brace Review