S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

nex coilovers?

Old 08-09-2008, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious,Aug 8 2008, 12:02 PM
That's not really a good thing.....
Why do you say that?

There are many people running d2's, megans, and nex that have no problems, and love them.I guess it all depends on what you're getting them for.

If it works for my application, that's all I care about.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you get what you pay for....their cheap for a reason...
Old 08-10-2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by chillout18,Aug 10 2008, 10:19 AM
you get what you pay for....their cheap for a reason...
Thanks.....
Old 08-10-2008, 04:19 PM

well you can spend your money on the "name brand" coilovers but these are great... i would offer test rides but i sold my s2k for a type r. anyways i purchased the ss versions so they are not dampning adjustable but you are able to preload the spring and do a body drop. for those that want to slam your car they are great. they do come with a stiff ride tho 12k springs front 10k rear. i have taken them to many auto x's and they work wonderfully. they worked so well i ordered some for my type r as well. i had them on my car for over a year and never had any problems with it. and as for all the guys that dog on cheap coilover like nex, megan, d2 if you go to any drift event most of the guys are running these. while you spend all your money to get a name we save our money and get great coilovers and money left over to do other mods its your money do what you want but the price i bought them for from one of my vendors at 450.00 how could i say no... and i wouldn't trade them for any other coilover but thats just me
Old 08-11-2008, 03:03 AM

I believe in saving money also but I think theres a reason some things are cheaper then others. I would never buy overpriced JDM crap for my car. I looked into NEX coilovers for my civic a while back, from some of the reviews I read is that the internals would blow or they would leak. This was a couple years back maybe theyve improved but there still the cheapest full coilover set out there. I rather buy something thats not the most expensive and not the cheapest, also based on peoples reviews.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:45 AM

I like to save money also but this is your "suspension" either spend the money or don't change it, i would not put cheap (in terms of coilovers i know $500 aint small to a lot of people) coilovers in my car versus stock it could be your life right there if anything goes wrong. Only my opinion though for this kind of purchase I would go with a reputable company with proven results/reviews
Old 08-11-2008, 02:16 PM

What if these went for 1,100?

Would you feel better just because they are charging more?

"Cheap" coilovers don't mean that the product is bad. It is just less money to design and manufacture.

Also, where the hell are you guys finding these for 530 shipped?
Old 08-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nick.,Aug 11 2008, 02:16 PM
What if these went for 1,100?

Would you feel better just because they are charging more?

"Cheap" coilovers don't mean that the product is bad. It is just less money to design and manufacture.

Also, where the hell are you guys finding these for 530 shipped?
I said reputable company , i don't care if they charged 2,000 i wouldn't buy them lol, you get what you pay for and more so in this case, my friend has megans and i had tein ssps neither are great but the ssps were better in every way, this was on my old car

So do they have actual track testing with these like other companies? Its easy to make something cheap with no R&D and sell it for cheap along with cheaping out on certain parts of it as well material/quality wise.

I'm just saying I wouldn't buy a unknown company for your suspension product this is vital to how your car performs and like I said it CAN cost you your life. Save a few more paychecks and buy something better you will be glad you didn't go cheap and save yourself headaches.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by s2kkyo' date='Aug 11 2008, 02:43 PM
I said reputable company , i don't care if they charged 2,000 i wouldn't buy them lol, you get what you pay for and more so in this case, my friend has megans and i had tein ssps neither are great but the ssps were better in every way, this was on my old car

So do they have actual track testing with these like other companies? Its easy to make something cheap with no R&D and sell it for cheap along with cheaping out on certain parts of it as well material/quality wise.

I'm just saying I wouldn't buy a unknown company for your suspension product this is vital to how your car performs and like I said it CAN cost you your life. Save a few more paychecks and buy something better you will be glad you didn't go cheap and save yourself headaches.
Why would they spend money on R&D when all the other companys already have. They know what spring rates other places use. They know how other places made their shocks and so on. All they need to do is get a pair of Tein Coilovers open them up and copy everything. Why spend money on R&D when someone else did it for you.

Someone already made the formula for NEX and they just used it.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by bd307' date='Mar 5 2008, 12:00 PM
So are these really made in China/Taiwan?
yup...just like Apexi coilovers...