S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Opinion on the aFe Takeda intake?

Old 04-24-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beefystud
lol, i dont need to install it to know its a piece of shit, for $425 the fact that the clear window is loose from the get go says enough....
I actually just received and installed my intake today. I did watch/read a few reviews before buying. I saw people complaining about the window. My little window was not loose, though I could see it being an issue for some, and even me down the road. If it rattles, I'm sure i have capability of resolving it without too much effort.

I would say the only thing I was surprised by was the silicone coupler at the throttle body... IMHO, it's pretty darn thin. other than that, it is exactly as I expected it to be.

If you bought this without a decent idea of what it was, are we supposed to feel bad for you? empathize with you?

You're the same guy complaining about how heavy your car will be with an larger capacity radiator... you seem to have a unique perspective on the world.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:15 PM

Drove the car this evening with the intake. Very impressed. With my exhaust setup I was questioning the impact it would have on my car. Pleasantly surprised at how the car woke up below 6k. I'm not necessarily talking about power. I M more referring to the sound. If I wanted power I would have boosted the car.

This intake adds to the n/a fun of the car. Really happy with the purchase.

And for those interested... No fitment​ issues with the koyo rad

​​
Old 04-24-2017, 10:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
I actually just received and installed my intake today. I did watch/read a few reviews before buying. I saw people complaining about the window. My little window was not loose, though I could see it being an issue for some, and even me down the road. If it rattles, I'm sure i have capability of resolving it without too much effort.

I would say the only thing I was surprised by was the silicone coupler at the throttle body... IMHO, it's pretty darn thin. other than that, it is exactly as I expected it to be.

If you bought this without a decent idea of what it was, are we supposed to feel bad for you? empathize with you?

You're the same guy complaining about how heavy your car will be with an larger capacity radiator... you seem to have a unique perspective on the world.
im on a mission....
Old 04-24-2017, 10:45 PM

Drove the car this evening with the intake. Very impressed. With my exhaust setup I was questioning the impact it would have on my car. Pleasantly surprised at how the car woke up below 6k. I'm not necessarily talking about power. I M more referring to the sound. If I wanted power I would have boosted the car.

This intake adds to the n/a fun of the car. Really happy with the purchase.

And for those interested... No fitment​ issues with the koyo rad

​​
are those ohlins road and track ?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:19 AM

No, dfv
Old 04-25-2017, 07:59 AM

No, dfv
whats the difference between the two ?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:57 AM

whats the difference between the two ?
They are the same actually. I was thinking of the other variant that Urge sells -> raceline ttx....

so my mistake. they are the road and track DFV
Old 04-28-2017, 02:15 PM

having trouble getting the seal around the opening flush in the corners , any one got any tips for cramming it in there or does this not even matter ?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:32 PM

having trouble getting the seal around the opening flush in the corners , any one got any tips for cramming it in there or does this not even matter ?
imho, it doesn't really matter. the hood support crosses right over that area. just push it back as much as you can, it shouldn't be too hard to get it to sit back in the corners
Old 05-18-2017, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumping this thread - I installed one of these a few days ago and it creates a horrible buzzing sound below 5k at full throttle, it sounds like it is making the whole hood vibrate. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Opinion on the aFe Takeda intake?