Quiet down the T1R 70EM - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Quiet down the T1R 70EM

Old 05-05-2014, 12:34 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,473
Thanked 109 Times in 106 Posts
Default Quiet down the T1R 70EM

Personally I think this exhaust sounds perfect but got black flagged two times on yesterdays track day due to the noise.
Think the highest I clocked was 101dB and limit is at 95.
Other mods are CT intake (pretty quiet), heat wrapped Toda header and Invidia test pipe.
I was thinking it might be worth to try and fit a Berk high flow cat but it's probably not enough.
Anyone made some kind of silencer bung for this exhaust or have other ideas?
flanders is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:44 PM
  #2  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default T1R Single

Originally Posted by flanders View Post
Personally I think this exhaust sounds perfect but got black flagged two times on yesterdays track day due to the noise.
Think the highest I clocked was 101dB and limit is at 95.
Other mods are CT intake (pretty quiet), heat wrapped Toda header and Invidia test pipe.
I was thinking it might be worth to try and fit a Berk high flow cat but it's probably not enough.
Anyone made some kind of silencer bung for this exhaust or have other ideas?
Hey Flanders, I'm currently running a single T1R with test pipe and stock header. Due to the California Laws I need to bring down the dB on my exhaust. Where you able to find a way to quiet the exhaust down? I was also thinking of putting on a Berk 70mm HFC but don't think that will be enough to bring down the dB.
Thanks,
-Hugo
Hugo_H is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:37 PM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,995
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I've used the Moroso Spiral Flow Racing Muffler on both N/A and supercharged SBC's and a V6 hot rod to bring down the db's.
https://www.moroso.com/moroso-shop-browse/29000/2901/

With nothing to burn out it doesn't get louder over time, it also doesn't change the tone of the exhaust so if you like the tone that will stay the same, just a little less loud.
This tpye of muffler offers the least amount of back pressure since its smooth on the inside with no small holes or packing to have to navigate through. All it does is take a the exhaust flow and split it into two paths at one end and put them back together at the other end a little out of phase. It kept me from getting tickets with my old 6-71 blown SBC.

ROD
rrounds is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:56 PM
  #4  
Thread Starter
 
flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,473
Thanked 109 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hugo_H View Post
Hey Flanders, I'm currently running a single T1R with test pipe and stock header. Due to the California Laws I need to bring down the dB on my exhaust. Where you able to find a way to quiet the exhaust down? I was also thinking of putting on a Berk 70mm HFC but don't think that will be enough to bring down the dB.
Thanks,
-Hugo
Yes I tried it with a 70mm Berk HFC and it made it a bit more quiet from the outside, but inside the cabin it got way louder with a horrible drone.
Drove it like that for a while then I sold the exhaust to a guy in Portugal and bought a Milltek dual instead which feels and sounds perfect
flanders is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to flanders For This Useful Post:
Hugo_H (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 AM
  #5  
Registered User
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 572
Thanked 44 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by flanders View Post
Yes I tried it with a 70mm Berk HFC and it made it a bit more quiet from the outside, but inside the cabin it got way louder with a horrible drone.
Drove it like that for a while then I sold the exhaust to a guy in Portugal and bought a Milltek dual instead which feels and sounds perfect
I actually just bought the 70 EM single because I couldn't get the Milltek....I personally think with the cap fitted to the AP1 bumper a single looks much more proper. Plenty of places still showed the exhaust in stock at the time but all of them broke my heart when I either ordered or so much as inquired.....

If you can deal with it maybe the resonated test pipe t1r has will bring it down? Worth a shot.

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com//...-18160-AP1-0NA


Edit: ****, just saw that this thread was nearly 5 years old, LOL......Good call on the Milltek though.....Had I had gotten into the game just a little sooner I would've been able to buy a milltek single....hopefully a second hand one will pop up.
Kyle is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:31 AM
  #6  
Thread Starter
 
flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,473
Thanked 109 Times in 106 Posts
Default

A resonated test pipe is a really bad idea performance wise though.
Gernby has talked about this and explained it i few times before.

There is still a possibility to get a new Milltek but the problem is they wont make them unless 10 or maybe more now are ready to order.
Here is the Hendy group buy thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...157525/page42/
flanders is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:09 AM
  #7  
Registered User
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 572
Thanked 44 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by flanders View Post
A resonated test pipe is a really bad idea performance wise though.
Gernby has talked about this and explained it i few times before.

There is still a possibility to get a new Milltek but the problem is they wont make them unless 10 or maybe more now are ready to order.
Here is the Hendy group buy thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...157525/page42/
Yeah you can find me in there.....They won't even consider singles as I don't think many people are interested in those....only doing GBs on duals ;/
Kyle is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:16 AM
  #8  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rrounds View Post
I've used the Moroso Spiral Flow Racing Muffler on both N/A and supercharged SBC's and a V6 hot rod to bring down the db's.
https://www.moroso.com/moroso-shop-browse/29000/2901/

With nothing to burn out it doesn't get louder over time, it also doesn't change the tone of the exhaust so if you like the tone that will stay the same, just a little less loud.
This tpye of muffler offers the least amount of back pressure since its smooth on the inside with no small holes or packing to have to navigate through. All it does is take a the exhaust flow and split it into two paths at one end and put them back together at the other end a little out of phase. It kept me from getting tickets with my old 6-71 blown SBC.

ROD
rrounds,

That would be a good idea to use. I just don't want to cut up the T1R. Would definitely consider it if I was making my own exhaust though.

Hugo
Hugo_H is offline  
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,995
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

You have a test pipe, see if you can fit it where the test pipe goes.

ROD
rrounds is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
RaulChavez
S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum
23
06-29-2012 07:49 PM
liquid_helix136
S2000 Modifications and Parts
15
10-20-2009 12:18 AM
Vik2000
S2000 Modifications and Parts
11
03-08-2009 10:56 PM
mikecentola
S2000 Modifications and Parts
6
10-05-2008 05:29 PM
Ferrell
S2000 Under The Hood
3
08-20-2006 03:43 PM


Quick Reply: Quiet down the T1R 70EM


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands