S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Racelogic Owners Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the bump!!

Happy Holidays All.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

awesome writeup!!!! just ordered mine today----the install and calibration tips are very much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a group buy of 11 so far in the UK
Old 01-11-2008, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by shinigamiz,Dec 17 2007, 12:10 AM
i finished my install last night (analog kit), and did the calibration and a quick test this morning. follow CKit's notes, it's everything you need to install it. here is my comments in addition to CKit's excellent DIY.

if i did my install over again, i would have removed more of the electrical tape and plastic wire wrap tube to give myself more length of wire (towards the plug side) to work with around the ECU. i still have enough room and can always solder more wire to extend the wiring, but i should have left more room to begin with.

after installing, the manual says to run a bunch of checks before calibrating. there's one part where it tells you to set it to 0, 5, 10, 15% and drive over 20kmph. driving at those settings was shaky, as i think it was trying to cut power around 2000 rpm, but no misfires or CELs. after the calibration and computer config, it was fine.

i'm just going to say right now, i am not that good of a driver, maybe about average. the main reason i bought/installed this so i could take a little bit of concentrate off my driving and worry more about what's going on around me when the weather gets bad. in my area on average, bad weather is an excuse for drivers to become... less cautious and dumber. that being said, please forgive my newbie descriptions and testing methods below.

i was only able to do a quick test today in a parking lot with some sand leftover from the last day of snow. my quick test was a clutch in, left turn, about 80% throttle, clutch out, hold throttle. at 5% slip i could feel it start to slip, but made a pretty tight turn. i could feel it rotate just a bit, but no actual sliding. at 0% i could feel the power being cut , and i was turning left a little wider than i expected, with no feeling of rotating. when i could feel the power was being cut, it just felt like i was down on power. additional (actual?) testing will come when it rains or snows, and i am able to drive.
One thing I would like to know - when you dial in something like 5-10% slip and go around a corner at that, are you applying enough opposite lock to balance that slip or just steering like regular? In other words, are you now essentially doing a safe drift maneuver with the TC never letting it get worse than what you dialed in?

I got my kit today, digital adjuster plus launch control.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by trinis2001,Jan 11 2008, 11:31 AM
One thing I would like to know - when you dial in something like 5-10% slip and go around a corner at that, are you applying enough opposite lock to balance that slip or just steering like regular? In other words, are you now essentially doing a safe drift maneuver with the TC never letting it get worse than what you dialed in?

I got my kit today, digital adjuster plus launch control.
i was essentially attempting to do a donut, but the TCS prevented me from pulling it off. there was no countersteering involved, since i would have just let it rotate to see how far i would go. well, i wasn't actually going for a donut, more like i wanted to know what would happen if i tried to take a tight turn with too much power, enough to cause the back to slip a decent amount. i was just trying to get a quick feel for what it would do.

the main reason i got this was for bad weather safety, so i could concentrate a little less on handling my car, and more on the traffic around me. probably not for the same reasons as other people. if you attempt to drift with this on, i would be curious to know what it does for your control, but it's probably not something i will be testing.

so far i feel more stable in rain. i know it has kicked in a few times to stop my tires from spinning in rain, but i haven't noticed when it kicked in otherwise. but that was during my daily commute.

i'm still waiting for snow so i can test how it works in that. and i need it to rain when i am not preoccupied, so i can do more noob and stupidity tests. the weather has not been cooperative with my attempts to test this system. if only i had access to the county's police training facilities... i hear they have a nice road test course that they can ice up.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 PM

I'm in it for the same reason as you mostly, and to be a bit more competitive without being too worried about spins at a certain venue we use for sanctioned AutoX that has some hard barriers. Those ensure I don't drive as hard as I would on a proper track where there is safe run-off.

But just to get you clear - you are saying that you are holding the dialed in slip angle around a corner (attempting donut) without applying counter steer? This means that my power on "catch" objective is met - it may begin to rotate but it won't go around even if you are stomping on the gas and it is hanging a 15d slip.

Is this correct? Sorry for asking twice, just want to make sure I have it correct so know what to expect when I go experimenting to see what it does.

B
Old 01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's 15% slip.

Not 15 degree slip.

That's very little.

The tail doesn't hang out very much at all.

You can "drift" if the conditions are low-traction enough.

You can do complete donuts on ice with the system on.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:05 PM

my understanding is that the percentages are how much faster the rear tires are allow to spin over the front tires.
so if your front tires are spinning at 100rpm, with 0% slip it would allow the rear to spin an additional 0% over, so rears would be be limited to a max 100rpm. 5% would allow the rears to spin up to 105rpm. 10% rears are limited up to 110rpm. etc. and this should only take effect when you're on throttle.

of course, i could be understanding this wrong...
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,Jan 11 2008, 07:42 PM
It's 15% slip.

Not 15 degree slip.

That's very little.

The tail doesn't hang out very much at all.

You can "drift" if the conditions are low-traction enough.

You can do complete donuts on ice with the system on.
AH yes, I be a clot. 15% very different from 15d!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just ordered mine--I saw on CKit's thread he mounted his control box vertically by the radio--looking at options---where did you guys mount yours?
thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Racelogic Owners Thread