S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Recomendations for exhaust

Old 03-30-2014, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recomendations for exhaust

Now i have been looking at all these topics and can not narrow it down. I would like to have recommendations on a dual exhaust cat back with a with no or low drone for an ap1.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:26 AM

Get a local muffler shop to run you whatever size exhaust you want, order 2 vibrant mufflers. If you want high pitch annoying sounding shit go with skunk2.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:38 AM

I am also in the market for an exhaust. There is an "official exhaust thread" if you search for it. I saw the Tenabe Medalion Touring is a good exhaust that's not too loud (read: obnoxious/cop-magnet), has a deep tone, looks clean, good build quality, and no more drone than the stock exhaust. There are plenty of youtube videos and a few on streetfire I think. I've seen them all.

What you have to keep in mind is that an exhaust revving while the car is park will sound different from the same exhaust while the car is actually accelerating (this is due to the engine being under load with the throttle open continuously and therefore more air/fuel mixture making bigger bangs). A warmed up engine will also sound different from a cold engine (this is generally because of the ECU trying to light the cat to reduce emissions.

If you are looking to have better sound - trust me - get an INTAKE before you get an exhaust. Intakes are cheaper, do not affect drone, clean up the engine bay, and make a GREAT sound. Induction noise always trumps exhaust noise: Think about it, by the time you hear exhaust noise, it has already gone through headers, a cat, a resonator, a muffler, about 8 feet of pipe inbetween, AND it comes out pointing away from you - it's diluted and altered. Intake noise travels a much shorter distance, it travels through less "plumbing", and it comes out directly in front of you. I put a K&N FPIK on my S2000 - best value for money mod in my opinion. It sounds the stock when cruising or putting around town, but when you put the hammer down at any RPM, you get an amazing earfull of throaty, snarly, vrooom. I've had people, who didn't know about the S2000 ask if it was a V8. I said, "no, it's a VTEC"
Old 03-30-2014, 08:50 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Fujitsobo,,or Supersprint.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:16 AM

i LOVE my skunk2 exhaust
Old 03-30-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...bit-different/
Old 03-30-2014, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Engineer
I am also in the market for an exhaust. There is an "official exhaust thread" if you search for it. I saw the Tenabe Medalion Touring is a good exhaust that's not too loud (read: obnoxious/cop-magnet), has a deep tone, looks clean, good build quality, and no more drone than the stock exhaust. There are plenty of youtube videos and a few on streetfire I think. I've seen them all.

What you have to keep in mind is that an exhaust revving while the car is park will sound different from the same exhaust while the car is actually accelerating (this is due to the engine being under load with the throttle open continuously and therefore more air/fuel mixture making bigger bangs). A warmed up engine will also sound different from a cold engine (this is generally because of the ECU trying to light the cat to reduce emissions.

If you are looking to have better sound - trust me - get an INTAKE before you get an exhaust. Intakes are cheaper, do not affect drone, clean up the engine bay, and make a GREAT sound. Induction noise always trumps exhaust noise: Think about it, by the time you hear exhaust noise, it has already gone through headers, a cat, a resonator, a muffler, about 8 feet of pipe inbetween, AND it comes out pointing away from you - it's diluted and altered. Intake noise travels a much shorter distance, it travels through less "plumbing", and it comes out directly in front of you. I put a K&N FPIK on my S2000 - best value for money mod in my opinion. It sounds the stock when cruising or putting around town, but when you put the hammer down at any RPM, you get an amazing earfull of throaty, snarly, vrooom. I've had people, who didn't know about the S2000 ask if it was a V8. I said, "no, it's a VTEC"
I actually already have that intake in, im just getting a nice sounding exhaust with a little power
Old 03-30-2014, 02:42 PM

I have used;

T1R Sparrow 70R
Mugen (New Type with Big Tips)
Invidia Dual
HKS Hi-Power Dual

To say the least , HKS is the best exhaust sound i have ever heard in my entire life.
I'm running a 63.5 Berk TP with OEM Headers.

No Drone at all , even better than OEM i can say.
Amazing sound on WOT and Vtec ,

After that i can recommend Mugen ,but it has nothing special to its sound , even you cannot tell if its a civic or S2k. Like the tips though

T1R 70R is incredibly loud with drone.

No need to say anything about the Invidia , the loudest i have ever heard , lasted 1 week on my car.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Engineer
I second the Tanabe Medalion Touring. I've been through several exhausts ranging from singles to duals, and this one is one of the most streetable, no-drone exhausts that's not rare as hell (i.e. the Fujitsubo). I've also realized that people's descriptions of "no drone" are vastly different than my requirements of it, so if you can, get try to get a ride on a car that has the exhaust you're interested in.

Here's my review: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...ouring-review/
Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by AKIN
I have used;

T1R Sparrow 70R
Mugen (New Type with Big Tips)
Invidia Dual
HKS Hi-Power Dual

To say the least , HKS is the best exhaust sound i have ever heard in my entire life.
I'm running a 63.5 Berk TP with OEM Headers.

No Drone at all , even better than OEM i can say.
Amazing sound on WOT and Vtec ,

After that i can recommend Mugen ,but it has nothing special to its sound , even you cannot tell if its a civic or S2k. Like the tips though

T1R 70R is incredibly loud with drone.

No need to say anything about the Invidia , the loudest i have ever heard , lasted 1 week on my car.
Yes i have heard great things about the T1R but also the medalion touring, thanks i will decide from those 2

Originally Posted by nitewing117
Originally Posted by The Engineer' timestamp='1396197525' post='23088177
I second the Tanabe Medalion Touring. I've been through several exhausts ranging from singles to duals, and this one is one of the most streetable, no-drone exhausts that's not rare as hell (i.e. the Fujitsubo). I've also realized that people's descriptions of "no drone" are vastly different than my requirements of it, so if you can, get try to get a ride on a car that has the exhaust you're interested in.

How do you feel or any stats about the t1r 70r-em sparrow dual exhaust? i heard it has also little drone and sounds but also gains power.

Originally Posted by nitewing117
Originally Posted by The Engineer' timestamp='1396197525' post='23088177

What website should i use to purchase these items?

Quick Reply: Recomendations for exhaust