S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

S2000 hardtop uk version

Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 hardtop uk version

Hey folks

Ok so I'm mega confused just now. I have a 55 plate 2005 s2k face lift version. I am after a hardtop for it and cannot for the life of me work out what parts I actually require on order for it to fit ok. If anyone has a list of what I need that would be perfect. I have seen kits on sale on eBay but some look as if they have more parts than others. Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh so confusing.

Please help forum
Thanks
Shari
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you buying one used? OEM or Aftermarket?

The hardware required is dictated by that.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 AM

Hey muffinman

Yeah buying a used oem top. Just someone who is selling their old top of their gt version of the car

Hope this helps
Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If it's OEM then most everything should come already on the hardtop.

You will want

From here

At a minimum: #19, #20, #33 and #37

Those are catchers installed on either side where the brushes are, you will need to take off the plastic there and install those. The bolts are longer than the stock ones to account for the additional metal spacing due to the catchers. I'd recommend them.

From here

You also need this wiring harness for the defrost to work correctly.

I think that knocks out most of what's required. There's probably one or two things I'm missing. There are two Offical Hardtop threads you should read as well.

That should give you the part numbers you can go purchase from your local Honda dealer
Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/home.php?cat=92

All the kits. But if you are buying a used top you should get all the hardware from the person selling you the top.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 AM

Il be putting it onto a non gt version of the car. Il pop by Honda this weekend and see what I require. The dude I bought it from said he put ht latches on it I think cos it made the st for more snug. Not sure. Annoying how the uk don't have much when it comes to accessories like this. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

I don’t know anything about UK version vehicles and what they are equipped with, but once you understand the parts that it takes to install, you can determine what you need on your own.

Here are the basics of what should be included when buying an OEM top used:

1. Hardtop
2. Side catchers (2 total) 1 per side. This is the part that connects to the inside of the rear quarter panel. Driver side catcher should come with a wire connected to it.
3. Side Latches (2 total) 1 per side. This is the part that connects to the hardtop and has the spike and handle. The spike inserts into the side catcher and tightens down when you turn the handle.
4. Front latches (2 total) 1 per side. This is the part that attaches to the hardtop and has the hook (just like what is on the soft top, except there is a more robust version made for hardtops)
5. Front strikers (2 total) 1 per side. This is the “A” shaped piece that attaches to the A pillars, which the front latches hook to. There are also more robust versions of these made for hardtops.
6. Optional: Side brushes, defroster wire, and other misc stuff that can be found at the hardtopguy.com link posted above.

So as you can see, it’s pretty basic. Just make sure the seller is giving you these parts with the hardtop. If not, you need to buy what you are missing.

Bottom line, you can get away with only #1, 2, 3 if you need to drive away with it on the spot. You could temporarily use the soft top latches and front strikers, but you should buy the hardtop versions eventually.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 AM

thanks Chris

the dude i bought the car from said he put ht latches on it for a more secure fit for the st so im going to honda this weekend just to et them to look at it. looking at the following link http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000/s2k2top.pdf that is a hell of a lot of stuff but as you said i can get away with most of it. i believe this is fr a pre facelift version.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

yeah you don't need to worry about that stuff in your link. Besides all the stuff that says "(not used)" , you don't need the cushion tape or label.

you don't need the trim brushes (you can just remove them or modify your current ones--the side catchers get in the way of the stock trim brushes).

the defroster wire is optional, obviously if you want to use your defroster then you need it. the rubber spacer is optional too. Not really sure what the benefit of it is.

everything else, like the interior panels, and the catchers/latches should be included. if you need the hardtop strikers from the seller, make sure you swap.

as for the bolts, they are for the catchers. you can swap those w/ the seller too. i think they're just a bit longer than the stock versions.