S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

S2000, Improving the S2K experience

Old 04-24-2016, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChiHonda
Waiting to do my led cabin lights
This is an incredibly inexpensive upgrade that actually makes a huge difference IMO.

The interior looks/feels much better at night with the LED's than with the OEM incandescent. Can do the same with footwell, trunk, and license plate lights.

Also as many others have said, a shift knob with an attractive/matching boot goes a long way as well. AP2 center console if you don't already have one of those. Also, the OEM head unit/component speaker setup is garbage and needs to be changed immediately lol.

Not sure why S Factor recommended a short shifter honestly. OEM S2K shifter is one of the best ever.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:51 PM

Received 3,387 Likes on 2,458 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiHonda
Originally Posted by zeroptzero' timestamp='1461466347' post='23946497
The interior of the S2000 can benefit from some modifications to give it more of an upscale look and feel. A new thicker steering wheel, padded elbow pad, covered e-brake, leather shift boot, moddiction Anvil2 knob, and carbon fiber center console have made a big difference in my S2000. These are upgrades you can appreciate on every drive.
Sounds great. Do yo have a build thread with pictures and suppliers?
If you don't mind going through all of the pages of my build thread you can see some pics there. I've made a few changes over the years, sometimes a couple times over as I get bored easily, lol.

Suppliers have been JPM Coachworks for leather upgrades in Georgia, Guardian Designs leather upgrades, password jdm for the carbon fiber console, and Moddicition shift knob.

Here's my build thread link:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...blue-interior/
Old 04-24-2016, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Billman's once-over.

/Thread lol
Old 04-24-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

[/quote]

If you don't mind going through all of the pages of my build thread you can see some pics there. I've made a few changes over the years, sometimes a couple times over as I get bored easily, lol.

Suppliers have been JPM Coachworks for leather upgrades in Georgia, Guardian Designs leather upgrades, password jdm for the carbon fiber console, and Moddicition shift knob.

Here's my build thread link:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...blue-interior/
[/quote]

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Subscribed.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:41 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

The s2000 is perfect with exeption of being very under powered. A little boost is all the s2000 needs.

Don't waste your time and money on any All motors mods. They do little to nothing in terms of making the car faster.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me, motor mounts made the car feel that much better while driving.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recaro Pole Position - Lower seating position means I don't have to duck down as much when I'm at a stop light and the seat hugs me when I'm making aggressive turns.
Convex Mirrors - Never have to turn my head to merge.
Countersunk Titanium Shift Knob - Nice color and shorten the throw.
Personal Neo Grinta - I just really like the way the steering wheel feels.
Modifry Phone Mount - Great place to put your phone.

A few things off the top of my head. Can't put a price on driving ergonomics IMO.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Lex

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Favorite mods that have put a smile on my face when sitting in the driver seat the car have been a eurobotique suede steering wheel and moddiction countersunk shift knob. I'm waiting for my pole positions to come in. Can't wait to complete the interior of the car to my liking.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly my Comptech SC was the biggest modification that changed the experience for the better. its not just the added power, its other things that car enthusiasts love. The SC makes so much mechanical noise its awesome. At idle the paxton blowers make a loud whine mixed with a grinding noise. It gets attention everywhere i go (gas stations, parking lots, work, etc...)When driving my Tial BOV displaces so much air and makes increadible noises at high RPM shifts. It really made driving the car THAT much more fun, adn this car was already incredible to drive.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by b_ron
For me, motor mounts made the car feel that much better while driving.
which ones did you get? thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: S2000, Improving the S2K experience