S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Single exit exhaust with zero drone

Old 12-28-2017, 01:09 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by S_DosMil
I have a Fuji single exhaust that exits driver side. It had absolutely no drone with a test pipe. It’s definately quiet overall though. It sounds good above 6k but nonetheless quiet. I purchased it second hand so not sure where you would buy it from. I have had the invida n1, q300 and Js dual 70mm so I know what drone and loud is lol. By far the best exhaust I have ever owned.

i found a link
https://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/index.ph...04458/00000144

called the “power getter” also it doesn’t sound ricey as the video makes it seem.
This sounds really promising. I was already kinda hoping this might be 'the' drone-free single exhaust, but there's almost no opinions on it, which is why I asked for them in the first post.
I don't mind quiet, and according to the dB stats on the Fujitsubo website, it's still noticeably louder than OEM. Also 60mm but a completely straight-through design, so still a small hp gain (if the website is to be believed).
Mind giving me a bit more info? How loud do you find it compared to OEM? What is the sound like? Did you feel a difference in performance compared to your other exhausts?

Buying it won't be a problem. It's only available in Japan but I'm located in Europe so importing an exhaust from Japan costs me roughly the same as importing one from the states.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scigheras
This sounds really promising. I was already kinda hoping this might be 'the' drone-free single exhaust, but there's almost no opinions on it, which is why I asked for them in the first post.
I don't mind quiet, and according to the dB stats on the Fujitsubo website, it's still noticeably louder than OEM. Also 60mm but a completely straight-through design, so still a small hp gain (if the website is to be believed).
Mind giving me a bit more info? How loud do you find it compared to OEM? What is the sound like? Did you feel a difference in performance compared to your other exhausts?

Buying it won't be a problem. It's only available in Japan but I'm located in Europe so importing an exhaust from Japan costs me roughly the same as importing one from the states.
compated to OEM it’s about the same cruising. It does get louder above 6k but you can still hear the engine climb those rpm without the exhaust drowning it out. I don’t really have anything to compare it to. As far a as performance gains minimal. I don’t have the car tuned in n/a form. It sounds even deeper with my turbo setup on the car. Maybe I can try to get you a sound clip this weekend. I just know doing 70-80 on the freeway between 3.5-4.5k it doesn’t make my ears bleed after 15mins. My gf actually enjoys being in the car again. She loved the Js but not for long rides. I bought it because I love the driver side exit.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:20 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by S_DosMil
compated to OEM it’s about the same cruising. It does get louder above 6k but you can still hear the engine climb those rpm without the exhaust drowning it out. I don’t really have anything to compare it to. As far a as performance gains minimal. I don’t have the car tuned in n/a form. It sounds even deeper with my turbo setup on the car. Maybe I can try to get you a sound clip this weekend. I just know doing 70-80 on the freeway between 3.5-4.5k it doesn’t make my ears bleed after 15mins. My gf actually enjoys being in the car again. She loved the Js but not for long rides. I bought it because I love the driver side exit.
Thanks for the reply, sounds like loudness is right around where I want it to be. One thing I am wondering though, did you also drive with this exhaust without a turbo at some point? Besides making power, I always found turbos pretty effective exhaust silencers.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes currently the turbo is off.
The following users liked this post:
Scigheras (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 09:05 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Scigheras
Thanks for all the replies. So the EVS and T1R are out lol, I want no drone at all. The Urge single also looks like it's going to be way too loud: 3" and no resonator.

As for the helmholtz canister, I am not quite convinced these things actually work, the main reason I got the Cleib exhaust was because it had a helmholtz canister so I thought it wouldn't drone, but that thing still droned bad, so
They work... I don't know if that exhaust had the proper size/length/location, though.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo
They work... I don't know if that exhaust had the proper size/length/location, though.
There are probably multiple resonant frequencies and present and the resonator on that exhaust is already probably is tuned for the higher rpms rather than where the drone is. Additionally, most of the resonators aren't very long which means they are doing quarter or eighth wave resonators which aren't as effective and much harder to tune to the right frequency.
Chibo (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
I agree! Had one on my AP1 for a summer. Beautiful workmanship! Sounded great at high RPMs, but droned like crazy. I gave up after finding I needed to wear ear plugs for trips more than 15 minutes long.
I have the Urge T1R Dual (close to "Sparrow") with the Urge gernpipe midpipe. Not much, if any, "drone". But that is one of the selling points of the gernpipe's design. It is definitely loud when you get on it though!
Old 12-29-2017, 03:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be quite honest with you, most single exits are going to drone, especially 70mm ones. I'd suggest going down to 60mm and go for something like the ASM or Euro single exits. I personally have the Cleib with a EVS high flow cat, I won't lie it does drone a bit but it is tolerable in my books.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:08 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ASM 70mm single is what you want
Old 12-29-2017, 07:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been looking for exactly what you are asking but haven’t found one in a reasonable price range. I decided to try and make one out of my stock exhaust. Internals are 2.5. Still in the process of building it.
2.5” internals

On my jig
billios996 (01-02-2018)

Quick Reply: Single exit exhaust with zero drone