S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

The Truth About Forbidden-USA Products

Old 04-30-2014, 12:54 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I have a Forbidden Mugen style hardtop, and they have great customer service

When I first got my hardtop (vacuum infused, painted, and shipped), about 3 years ago, the inserts for the bolts to screw in were free spinning.
Called Alberto up and we arranged for it to go to a body shop of my choice and he paid for all the repairs, I didn't have to spend a dime!

And then 2 years later I had an issue with my top,
called Alberto again and was able to get everything set right and again, no charge on me.

Once again, they have great customer service and they take care of their customers! Plan on purchasing more from them

Images of my top:

Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was undecided as to which manufacturer to go with when I eventually get a hard top, but after reading this? Hot damn, Forbidden it is! Thanks for all the reviews in one place. Now, if I could only figure a way to make om glass with the defroster work in the carbon replica top. That'd be full of win. (hint hint)
Old 05-01-2014, 11:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welp you sold me, and I don't even want a hard top
Old 05-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Polaris0352
I was undecided as to which manufacturer to go with when I eventually get a hard top, but after reading this? Hot damn, Forbidden it is! Thanks for all the reviews in one place. Now, if I could only figure a way to make om glass with the defroster work in the carbon replica top. That'd be full of win. (hint hint)
It does work : ]

Originally Posted by vtec9
Welp you sold me, and I don't even want a hard top
Thank you for the order and thank you all for all the support.

Alberto
Old 05-07-2014, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forbidden has one of the best customer service i ever seen out of any vendor. Fast, polite, and no headaches.

Alberto is also an amazing guy
Old 01-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Recent FAQ we have being getting a lot. I will keep this thread updated with new FAQ's

Q. Do you guys guarantee fitment?
A. Of course, if installed correctly, you will not have any issues. All hardtops are test fitted before leaving our manufacture.

Q. What if I do have an issue regarding your hardtops?
A. Email us at sales@forbidden-usa.com with pictures explaining whats going on. If we can't help you fix your issue, we will replace your hardtop.

Q. Competitor claims he’s the ONLY one that uses an authentic mugen top to make molds, is this true?
A. No, since we started 4 years ago, we have used an authentic mugen top to make all of our molds.

Q. Do I have to clear coat your carbon tops so they won't yellow.
A. No, we use a marine base gel coat that will last around 4-5 years without having to clear coat your part.

Q. Competitor claims he uses better quality materials, what do you use?
A. We only use the best here. If we could buy better, we would. Our materials are listed on this page because we have nothing to hide regarding our process. If they use the best, than they are using the same.

Q. Competitors claim they have superior hardware than you
A. False. Seals wise, we buy seals from the same manufacture. Brackets wise, we have the best in the market since we introduced our 2-piece OEM style brackets.

Q. How long have you guys been on the market for?
A. Going on 4 years now, we have sold over 2000 tops worldwide.

Q. How many molds do you guys have for your hardtops?
A. Currently 6 mugen 5 oem. We make new molds every 4-5 months.

Alberto
Forbidden
Old 01-13-2015, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k

When I first got my hardtop (vacuum infused, painted, and shipped), about 3 years ago, the inserts for the bolts to screw in were free spinning.
Called Alberto up and we arranged for it to go to a body shop of my choice and he paid for all the repairs, I didn't have to spend a dime!

called Alberto again and was able to get everything set right and again, no charge on me.

Once again, they have great customer service and they take care of their customers! Plan on purchasing more from them

Images of my top:

What wheels are these? Sizes/offset? And how much of a drop? Your car is Flawless. Beautiful. Gorgeous.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by PNW S2K
Originally Posted by jaor.s2k' timestamp='1398891269' post='23137921

Images of my top:

What wheels are these? Sizes/offset? And how much of a drop? Your car is Flawless. Beautiful. Gorgeous.
Thank you very much old photos of my car
Those are Advan RZ: 17x7.5 +48 (with 20mm spacer) 225/45 front and 17x9+45 255/40 rear
Old 04-05-2017, 05:32 PM

Resurrecting an old thread. I've wanted a hardtop for so many years. One of those years past, I read about Forbidden and had decided that when the money came, I would spare no expense for their best offering. I've recently ordered the 2x2 weave, double sided mugen top. Also with OEM 2-piece latches for the rear. I'm more than convinced after seeing one in person and reading these reviews that I'll be more than happy. My only fear is the few people I read here, mentioning damage during shipping. I'm on the east coast (GA) and it arrives tomorrow. Like, this is going to be a ceremonious unboxing...... I'm having my fingers crossed that they were gentle or me and FedEx got beef. Forbidden is paying them a LOT to make sure it's shipped properly so I already know who I'm going after. lol.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:55 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Nippon
Resurrecting an old thread. I've wanted a hardtop for so many years. One of those years past, I read about Forbidden and had decided that when the money came, I would spare no expense for their best offering. I've recently ordered the 2x2 weave, double sided mugen top. Also with OEM 2-piece latches for the rear. I'm more than convinced after seeing one in person and reading these reviews that I'll be more than happy. My only fear is the few people I read here, mentioning damage during shipping. I'm on the east coast (GA) and it arrives tomorrow. Like, this is going to be a ceremonious unboxing...... I'm having my fingers crossed that they were gentle or me and FedEx got beef. Forbidden is paying them a LOT to make sure it's shipped properly so I already know who I'm going after. lol.
Can't speak for Forbidden on shipping, as I went with Rockstar, but when they shipped my top, which was painted and window preinstalled, it arrived with zero issues and packaged pretty well.

Only reason why I didn't go with Forbidden initially was as stated in prior threads, Alberto kept telling me he "could not" paint my hardtop Rio Yellow, indicating matching was not doable and after a couple of requests with me still willing to take the risk, he stopped responding all-together. So that's how he lost my business, but I'm sure his packaging for your potential hardtop will be good enough, I've yet to hear of any vendor here that has had issues transporting hardtops to their customers.

Quick Reply: The Truth About Forbidden-USA Products