S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

The Truth About Forbidden-USA Products

Old 11-17-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 107 Likes on 102 Posts

When are you guys going to start offering them with OEM glass and seals?
Old 12-09-2018, 09:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Everyone,
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I recently purchased an S2000, and the previous owner installed a Mugen style Forbidden hardtop. First things first, it looks beautiful! I love the style, the paint has held up well, overall great looking piece. My only downside is that the fitment isn't great on the door windows. At the rear of the windows, there is a gap that water gets in while washing, and I can hear air rushing in at higher speeds. As everyone has stated, it's all about installation. My question is, for a novice like myself, does anyone have tips for me to correct this? Is there somewhere to buy new/fatter seals?

I believe there is air coming in where the top meets the windshield as well. Also seals?

I apologize for being so clueless with this! I'm fully adept when it comes to nuts and bolts, but things like this are completely foreign to me. I understand if this is not enough information for someone to help, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks!
Matt
Old 12-10-2018, 08:03 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RAP1D
Hi Everyone,
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I recently purchased an S2000, and the previous owner installed a Mugen style Forbidden hardtop. First things first, it looks beautiful! I love the style, the paint has held up well, overall great looking piece. My only downside is that the fitment isn't great on the door windows. At the rear of the windows, there is a gap that water gets in while washing, and I can hear air rushing in at higher speeds. As everyone has stated, it's all about installation. My question is, for a novice like myself, does anyone have tips for me to correct this? Is there somewhere to buy new/fatter seals?

I believe there is air coming in where the top meets the windshield as well. Also seals?

I apologize for being so clueless with this! I'm fully adept when it comes to nuts and bolts, but things like this are completely foreign to me. I understand if this is not enough information for someone to help, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks!
Matt
Hey Matt,

I suggest loosening the bolts and having someone push down while you retight the bolts. That'll help with the gap, and for the fronts you should get the hardtop specific latches.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RAP1D
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
Matt
is the hard top carbon fibre or fibre glass ?