S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Vaikhari 30mm Wide First Impressions and Ongoing Install

Old 12-05-2019, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a set of these as well and have to say the fitment was better than I had expected it to be, but I did decide to have them installed by a professional body shop. I have been told that sheet metal takes some work to get perfect, even with OEM. So, I didn't want to mess around with them too much myself. The body shop told me that overall there wasn't a ton of manipulation that had to be done to get them to fit right and that the main issues were the lower rear tab on the driver side and the upper rear tab on the passenger side. The passenger side had to have the tab bent out a few degrees and the driver side required a slight enlargement of the mounting hole. They didn't charge me any extra to make these corrections either, because they said it was a pretty minimal fix. Hopefully that last bit of information will be helpful for other's install.

On another note, we did take some measurements and the gauge of steel that was used on these fenders and it does appear to be thicker than OEM. Not sure if this was intentional or not but it did make some of the manipulation a bit more difficult, especially for one person. Though, I do imagine that this should lend well to long term durability.

Rear lower tab that needs a slightly wider hole

Rear upper tab that needed to be bent a bit

Old 02-19-2020, 02:55 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for all the pics and info. I also got these Vaikhari fenders and am starting to dread trying to install them.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:10 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Yeah its a process. Waiting for the weather to be a little better here in Seattle before I take the car to the body shop. I do have the option of just putting my downforce fenders back on and maybe having those redone but I would prefer having the metal fenders.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My car has been in the shop since mid November getting these fenders fitted. Getting very close but as has been said, fitment is a process. I’ll post photos and more details once the car is completed.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:31 AM

I have started fitting these Vaikhari fenders and it is quite the learning process. It's pretty crazy how bad they fit right out of the box, but as stated, and even from Vaikhari themselves, metal fenders typically require quite a bit of manipulation to get them to fit nicely. Figuring out where and how to bend is tricky but it is coming along nicely. A couple mounting holes don't line up at all, but I'll figure it all out eventually. These will most likely have to be finished up by a body shop since they came with some dents in them and they should be able to get even better fitment than what I'm capable of.

I ended up trimming off the lip that runs between the 2 mounting points in the driver's door jamb because the door kept hitting on both sides. Not a big deal, just took a few minutes. Had to trim a couple other areas that were tight as well.

The worst part on mine are the same as previous posters, where the top rear part of the fender meets the car up by the A pillar/hood/door. They are curved down a lot, and it is difficult to bend. My passenger side fender is pretty dang close, but the driver side fender still needs some work. I just saw pics of a finished set of fenders on a car on Vaikhari's Instagram and you can see on that one the fender fitment in that area still isn't perfect. I guess that's just how it will be. On to some pics:

Old 03-09-2020, 07:04 AM
Site Moderator

It's interesting they all have that same issue. Has to be something wrong with their stamping die or maybe something they do afterwards like how they store them or something.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:23 PM

Default Vaikhari 30MM steel wide fenders

I purchased fenders from Vaikhari Product last year like November 2019 , and I installed myself basic play bolt in .. I’m not professional bodyshop .. and surprise what it’s nice fitted so well ! Then drop off shop to paint it. And came out so good ! Now I need wide wheels !

Old 03-18-2020, 05:49 PM

Default Any issue from Middle East ?

I spoke a guy who from Middle East country ... what he got same steel fenders 30MM Wide from Vaikhari product. I ask him do he had issued fitting ? He said not at all and pretty good well as fit and painted black basic ...

Old 03-19-2020, 08:28 AM
Site Moderator

The ones on the black car have the same fit issue all of ours have had where it dips down near the windshield. You can see the gap in both pictures. For the silver car the body shop didn't do any work to make them line up correctly? I find that hard to believe considering everyone else that has bought these have had the same problem. Also interesting that your only 2 posts are these pictures.
The following users liked this post:
afzan (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 08:47 AM

I was also going to say that everyone has a different idea of proper fitment. IMO, for the price, these fenders should require very little manipulation to get them to fit. The problem area by the base of the A pillar is pretty difficult to manipulate, but can be done. Pics don't lie. Even Vaikhari's blue car on their website shows the same problem.

Quick Reply: Vaikhari 30mm Wide First Impressions and Ongoing Install