S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

wanting to MOD!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting to MOD!

i have had my s2k for about a month now and im starting to get the itch to mod a little...nothing big just a little to make it faster. ha ha.... anyhow i was thinking cams and exhaust but dont really know where to start or anything like that. i have heard some good things about vafc but not 100% on that either. any one have any tips they could give? im not looking to spend tons on it just a little here and there just to give it a little more power

thanks!! Lee
Old 09-12-2008, 08:33 AM

probably best bet is exhaust or PWJDM intake...easier ways to make performance gains.

Also some people purchase a single exhaust to take a lot of weight out of the system in comparison to the two exhaust systems...personally i want spoon N1 single...but that's purely for the sound... (mate has ek9 with N1 and makes me )
Old 09-12-2008, 08:45 AM

well i had thought about exhaust and a header but as far as an intake if im gonna spend 1000 bux its not gonna be on an intake! i had a skunk2 muffler on a delsol and i loved the way that sounded and i kinda planned on going single anyways so thats good but what about more serious power gains...not just the obvious like exhaust? what is a good set of cams and if i do put a set in it what else would i need to get or do?

as far as a vafc whats a good way to go on that as well? i have also heard of some poeple using aem ems? what is the difference here?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:46 AM

I would say PWJDM intake, and a 70mm single exhaust. If you want to go further you could get a header and high flow cat or test pipe then VAFC and a tune... Depends on how much you want to spend.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:56 AM

well like i said before $1K for an intake is ubsurd! it should be diamond and gold plated for that! and if i did all that what would my hp be up to? about? with a vafc highflow cat 2.5 inch exhaust and header and CAI? im not lookin to spend a tonn of money but i just cant help wanting more power! also what is a good vafc? and where to get one?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 AM

what year s2k did you get? used parts are always good too
Old 09-12-2008, 09:00 AM

along with the exhaust a test pipe releases some hp too... the vafc is used more for higher tuned motors and wouldn't really benefit that much at this level...

if you are wanting a lot more power then easiest route is S/C for a bolt on application... even though its $1k the intake is proven and a lot of good reviews have been made about the pwjdm intake...or look at ITB's?

If you head over to the "JDM Tuning by Bulletproof Automotive" section they are more informative on N/A tuning...
Old 09-12-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by CooperS2K,Sep 12 2008, 08:58 AM
what year s2k did you get? used parts are always good too
its a '00 i love it i just want a little more out of it!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Nickamsweet,Sep 12 2008, 09:00 AM
along with the exhaust a test pipe releases some hp too... the vafc is used more for higher tuned motors and wouldn't really benefit that much at this level...
when you say a more higher tuned car what do you mean? thats what i have neen askin is what can i do and all i keep getting is exhaust.....i know thats obvious im asking about the more advaced power addders not just exhaust and header...

not really sure i wanna go S/C or turbo as this is a daily driven... so NA is always better
Old 09-12-2008, 09:14 AM

Well you said you wanted to make power? If you buy an AEM it will be well over a grand and after tuning probably be nearing 2G's (unless you pick one up used).

The S doesn't make power as easy as a B series or K series motor does. Plus N/A is never a cheap route to go. I say you just put a blower on it if you think 1000.00 for an intake is pricey, I mean most decent headers will run you more than that and make less power than the PWJDM intake.

Thats why I think you should just go with boost, Cams have not been proven to work unless you want to get the Hytech set up (which makes the PWJDM intake look CHEAP in comparison).

If you go the "vafc highflow cat 2.5 inch exhaust and header and CAI" you will make a few HP but its not going to be a huge difference (you'll probably notice the reduction in weight as much as the increase in HP).

As far as what would your HP be? There is no way I could answer that... do you have an AP1 or AP2? Whats the baseline HP? What type of dyno will you be going to? Way to many variables for me to even attempt to guess the HP increase.

It sounds more like you want large gains for the money spent. If thats the case buy a Comptech/Kraftworks/Vortech supercharger and be done with it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: wanting to MOD!