S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

***Official ITBs Thread***

Old 11-05-2020, 11:21 PM

Received 427 Likes on 363 Posts

It think you want to keep the vacuum lines as short and equal length as possible, but depends what you are using the MAP signal for and if it really matters.
I got all my four lines equal length, well under an inch difference at least.
I'm using stock brake booster hose, don't think I even had to cut it. Never had any issues with brake booster function.
Nice work so far
Old 11-06-2020, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the tip on the vacuum lines. I'll try to adjust those tonight or tomorrow. I'm still fighting issues with air in the cooling system. I forgot how stubborn it can be. I tried vacuum filling but my airlift is a bit finicky on our tiny radiator neck. I just haven't had the time to really got at it since last weekend.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:04 PM

Do you got a front bleed port on the ITB manifold?
Without that it is a nightmare getting all the air out, you really gonna need one of those spill free funnels that you place on top of the radiator.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:49 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

any at power itbs?

also make any difference the throttle cable if will be sorter than ohm ( 10cm in the end and the adjust point )
Old 05-29-2021, 11:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Chaps,

Total ITB newbie here. I've just acquired a set of Toda ITB with the surge tank. Currently I'm going through the motions of sourcing all the right parts before tuning. I'm a little bit confused about the vacuum layout and some light being shed would be helpful.

Brake Booster Lines
Toda kit has a barbed fitting on runner no.4 already installed. Does this supply enough vacuum for the brakes or better to have an additional line as well?

IACV
Not sure its needed at the moment but want to try install if its possible without much hassle. Not really sure on where the air feed fits together when its installed to a vacuum block. How does it put air into the system to control idle? Any advice on this one would be really appreciated.

Cheers in advance
Old 05-30-2021, 09:23 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mtunreal
Hi Chaps,

Total ITB newbie here. I've just acquired a set of Toda ITB with the surge tank. Currently I'm going through the motions of sourcing all the right parts before tuning. I'm a little bit confused about the vacuum layout and some light being shed would be helpful.

Brake Booster Lines
Toda kit has a barbed fitting on runner no.4 already installed. Does this supply enough vacuum for the brakes or better to have an additional line as well?

IACV
Not sure its needed at the moment but want to try install if its possible without much hassle. Not really sure on where the air feed fits together when its installed to a vacuum block. How does it put air into the system to control idle? Any advice on this one would be really appreciated.

Cheers in advance
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-na...hread-1168313/

A lot of what you looking for should be there. I need to update that thread as I've made quite a bit of progress with it in the last few months.

To sum it up, apparently plugging the brake booster directly into the #4 runner is enough vacuum for brakes. If you want to incorporate IACV you have several different ways to do it. The easiest is buying the ISCV kit from Toda, and then incorporating that into your kit. That's what the smaller nipples on the flange are for.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:26 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-na...hread-1168313/

A lot of what you looking for should be there. I need to update that thread as I've made quite a bit of progress with it in the last few months.

To sum it up, apparently plugging the brake booster directly into the #4 runner is enough vacuum for brakes. If you want to incorporate IACV you have several different ways to do it. The easiest is buying the ISCV kit from Toda, and then incorporating that into your kit. That's what the smaller nipples on the flange are for.
Thanks for the reponse. Think everything is cleared up on that front, vac block ordered just in case its needed.

I thought I had the fuel lines mapped out, but questioning myself. Currently looking at the Aeromotive a1000 Gen II FPR or the Turbosmart 1200. With the way Toda lay the lines (end capped) how do all the lines run? End of the fuel rail runs to the side of the FPR, the bottom of the FPR is the OEM fuel return line and the other side is blanked? Little bit difficult to imagine the layout without all the parts in hand.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:27 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mtunreal
Thanks for the reponse. Think everything is cleared up on that front, vac block ordered just in case its needed.

I thought I had the fuel lines mapped out, but questioning myself. Currently looking at the Aeromotive a1000 Gen II FPR or the Turbosmart 1200. With the way Toda lay the lines (end capped) how do all the lines run? End of the fuel rail runs to the side of the FPR, the bottom of the FPR is the OEM fuel return line and the other side is blanked? Little bit difficult to imagine the layout without all the parts in hand.
Toda instructions tell you to leave the front of the fuel rail capped. Their banjo fitting accepts the OEM fuel feed, and they want you to run the back of that fitting off into an FPR. I'm pretty sure I posted a picture of the instructions where you can see how they want it set up in the the thread I linked. I'm not sure if that solution is ideal as it doesn't seem correct to cap the fuel rail and run the return off of the back (from behind the feed) but I really don't know. In my head that doesn't seem correct, but at the HP levels of an NA F20 it might not matter. You can uncap that rail and run a line off of the front into an FPR and then have that return. That's how my last (Hayward/Jenvey) was set up.

Edit: Looks like I didn't post the picture, so here it is:

Old 09-12-2021, 02:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Higher fuel pressure for ITBs?

I am finally nearing the end of my ITB build. I'm running a set of Toda ITBs on an InlinePro F24. Does anyone have a recommendation for an initial fuel pressure setting? Should I be aiming for something higher than the stock range recommended by Honda, to start with?

The following users liked this post:
Feezy (09-13-2021)
Old 09-12-2021, 09:26 PM

Wow that looks beatiful, what kind of injectors are you going to run?