S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

***Official Post Your Dyno Numbers Thread***

Old 06-22-2009, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShocK,Jun 14 2009, 05:15 PM
I call shenanigans, those aren't true DD numbers, maybe in shootout mode, or uncorrected or the correction isn't legit, especially when all you have is a VAFC and a few mods on an 01, one of the worst years to even try and break 200whp on this dyno. Check the link in my sig, our correction was 1.001 about the best day to do a dyno run. Your tuner is fluffing your numbers or like I said its in shootout mode, which is basically dynojet numbers.
I am looking into the correction/shootout mode. My tuner was impressed by my numbers as well, and he just ended up having a B-B-Q yesterday and they did a baseline of another AP1 with similar mods that put down 182. I understand your doubts and the numbers look very high. I'll look into it and post my findings.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright, here it is. I had recently went back to the Dyno to test out my new RMF Header. The results aren't what I was hoping for but they still aren't bad. The temperature outside was near the 100's today. I asked for AFR's but they didn't print them. I did however, get to see them while the Dyno was taking place. It looks as though it didn't lean out as I thought, but instead enriched. My AFR's looked to be around 12.5-12.7 as the RPM's were climbing.

Originally, I had lost around 8hp in the first run (compared to run 003) and 2hp in my next run (compared to run 003). Then we started talking. We decided that since my exhaust was flowing so much, my intake was trying to hard to get fresh air in. We took some cheap dryer hose and made a bridge between the fan and intake box inlet. Wouldn't you know it, I gained almost all the horsepower I had lost, back.

We talked about numbers and what I wanted to see. I told him I would like to be around 220whp or so. He said to get an intake and a tuning device, then come back when it isn't hotter than hell outside. Hopefully I can hit my mark next time. If not, **** it, I'm going to buy the SOS kit.

These two runs shown, are the peak runs that were made out of 3.

Run 003- Berk Test Pipe, 5Zigen Pro Racer ASpec 60mm exhaust
Run 006- RMF Race Header, Berk Test Pipe, 5Zigen Pro Racer ASpec 60mm exhaust

Name:  Dyno.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  70.4 KB
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM

Heres mine from before I added more tweaks and what not.

My mods were lots of vtakk fluid and AP2 tail light conversion.The LEDs really give it a kick.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** you Alex and your amazing Dyno graph too!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by alleykat,Jun 22 2009, 03:13 PM
Heres mine from before I added more tweaks and what not.

My mods were lots of vtakk fluid and AP2 tail light conversion.The LEDs really give it a kick.
Pure riceohol injection, nice.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Here are mine. Mods for the first 3 pulls were Fujita CAI and Megan Header. The second 3 pulls added a Berk 63mm HFC. The dyno logs got messed up and runs 1 and 4 were chopped off. Originally, run 1 was 200.1whp and run 4 was 202.9whp. These are all 3rd gear pulls, hence the low numbers.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by ShocK,Jun 14 2009, 05:15 PM
I call shenanigans, those aren't true DD numbers, maybe in shootout mode, or uncorrected or the correction isn't legit, especially when all you have is a VAFC and a few mods on an 01, one of the worst years to even try and break 200whp on this dyno. Check the link in my sig, our correction was 1.001 about the best day to do a dyno run. Your tuner is fluffing your numbers or like I said its in shootout mode, which is basically dynojet numbers.
I spoke to my tuner regarding my numbers and he stated that it was NOT in shootout mode. He also stated that there was no correction, I am located in Chicago, The temp was about 75 degrees, moderate to little humidity, don't know on the barometer. He stated that my car was a freak, he had two other AP1's that dyno'ed using the same proceedures, and they put down 185 & 197 respectively. Just for shits, I'd love to find a Dynojet somewhere around here to backup my DD number.

I'll be back to the dyno in a month or two so I'll post up that result also.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Almostlude,Jun 23 2009, 11:41 AM
I spoke to my tuner regarding my numbers and he stated that it was NOT in shootout mode. He also stated that there was no correction, I am located in Chicago, The temp was about 75 degrees, moderate to little humidity, don't know on the barometer. He stated that my car was a freak, he had two other AP1's that dyno'ed using the same proceedures, and they put down 185 & 197 respectively. Just for shits, I'd love to find a Dynojet somewhere around here to backup my DD number.

I'll be back to the dyno in a month or two so I'll post up that result also.
That's impressive for an AP1 man, props to your car.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 PM

The Dyno Dynamics Dynameter I was tuned on is an all wheel drive dyno...I've done some research and found that it can be used on all types of vehicles...but my question is:

Will the readings be lower on an all wheel drive dyno like Dyno Dynamics Dynameter??

all I care about is the delta (or difference/change) in horsepower but it would be interesting because w/an a K&N, Berk Header, Berk Testpipe, and Tanabe Medallion Touring I got 208.1 whp, which is low compared to some that don't have as many mods...this brings me to my second question:

Will a tune w/a VAFCII give me less horsepower than a tune w/a AEM EMS??

it should not matter that much since I only have slight upgrades (bolt-ons)...so tuning w/an EMS would not really benefit me...but that's just my thoughts
Old 06-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by midnightmethane,Jun 23 2009, 08:53 PM
The Dyno Dynamics Dynameter I was tuned on is an all wheel drive dyno...I've done some research and found that it can be used on all types of vehicles...but my question is:

Will the readings be lower on an all wheel drive dyno like Dyno Dynamics Dynameter??

all I care about is the delta (or difference/change) in horsepower but it would be interesting because w/an a K&N, Berk Header, Berk Testpipe, and Tanabe Medallion Touring I got 208.1 whp, which is low compared to some that don't have as many mods...this brings me to my second question:

Will a tune w/a VAFCII give me less horsepower than a tune w/a AEM EMS??

it should not matter that much since I only have slight upgrades (bolt-ons)...so tuning w/an EMS would not really benefit me...but that's just my thoughts
An AWD DD is simply two systems put together, they have slightly different Inverters (right word?) so they should be within 2% just like all the other DD dynos. We only got 7whp from my VAFC, but I've seen 10whp+. Depends on how bad the tune is before you start. EMS will always yield more because of its ability to change timing, but again it depends on how bad your cars timing is performing in comparison to its current state. just my $.02