S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Anyone running an Urge GT engine?

Old 03-01-2014, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does 12k include? Or is that a guess?
Old 03-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by g0g3tt4
What does 12k include? Or is that a guess?
http://urgedesigns.com/gt.html

Old 03-02-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be a stupid statement however, why can't you just have your own cams made from scratch? Why do you need a core?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM

Hello every one I am another urge customer I have bough many product from Patrick and am very happy with what he offers and is service

I also have a gt engine coming over soon with titanium rods itb and the whole nine yard we will install and dyno once we receive it I will create a post on the build on s2ki thanks !

PL
Old 03-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Baller ↑

Im excited to hear how it goes for you.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by idlew1ld
Hello every one I am another urge customer I have bough many product from Patrick and am very happy with what he offers and is service

I also have a gt engine coming over soon with titanium rods itb and the whole nine yard we will install and dyno once we receive it I will create a post on the build on s2ki thanks !

PL
Keep us posted!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ShocK
This may be a stupid statement however, why can't you just have your own cams made from scratch? Why do you need a core?
Not stupid at all. We have a 5 axis CNC machine and Automated Lathe, but neither are capable of making cam blanks or grinding cams. Cam grinders are very specialized and do one thing only, make cams. Some companies will do this from a solid billet stock but they tend to charge $1300 to $1700 to make, which means they won't be sell well due to cost. Cores reduce the cost grinding tremendously as there is a lot less to cut. Essentially, 90% of the cam shape is complete, all that needs to be done is grinding the lobe profile vs starting from large solid round stock and grinding or cutting the entire cam from scratch.

Hope that makes sense, either way we are on company number 5 and we are pleased with their capabilities so far. Hope to have 3 profiles in process soon.

PL
PL, looking forward to it. I will need to come up there and drive it.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:37 AM

So your telling me for a little over $12,000 dollars you can have almost 330 whp NA motor?
Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by ShocK' timestamp='1393995476' post='23046660
Not stupid at all. We have a 5 axis CNC machine and Automated Lathe, but neither are capable of making cam blanks or grinding cams. Cam grinders are very specialized and do one thing only, make cams. Some companies will do this from a solid billet stock but they tend to charge $1300 to $1700 to make, which means they won't be sell well due to cost. Cores reduce the cost grinding tremendously as there is a lot less to cut. Essentially, 90% of the cam shape is complete, all that needs to be done is grinding the lobe profile vs starting from large solid round stock and grinding or cutting the entire cam from scratch.

Hope that makes sense, either way we are on company number 5 and we are pleased with their capabilities so far. Hope to have 3 profiles in process soon.

PL
PL, looking forward to it. I will need to come up there and drive it.
Patrick you are most welcome to come over and try it we can set a track day and beat the snot of it that day it will make for a nice get together !!!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone running an Urge GT engine?