S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Exhaust help?!

Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust help?!

So i recently swapped out my stock cat back with the invidia n1 dual. The drone doesnt bother me so much, but what i cant stand are the vibrations inside the car caused by the exhaust. Around 3,000 rpms the exhaust starts shaking just about anything that can rattle in my interior. I am wondering if either getting a new resonator or a test pipe would help with this issue?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:29 AM

I had that exhaust with a test pipe and while at 3000 rpm it gave out a migrane inciting drone, it never rattled anything.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:39 AM

did you ever hear the exhaust without the tp? im wondering if getting a tp would fix the vibrations.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:09 AM

No I went straight to the test pipe. Honestly you should ditch the invidia and get something else. While I didn't mind that exhaust while I had it when I switched to my Ti lite single I realized how crappy my invidia sounded and wished I had changed much sooner
Old 01-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Banned

I wouldn't say invidia is crappy....it is a good exhaust and is a top best rated by science of speed...it does drone a bit but i had minor vibrations not that bad....?? I would try the tp it kills the drone and should bring down the vibrations as well
Old 01-15-2012, 09:02 AM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

You might try this
http://www.moroso.com/catalog/catego...?catcode=35054
Will it work on your vibrations? I don't know but it worked very well to get rid of drone in other cars I've had. And what is drone but a kind of vibration. I do know that the Moroso is cheaper($55 at Summit) than a new exhaust, so I would try it out before I spent more money on a whole new exhaust.

ROD
Old 01-15-2012, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by KILLA CAM (The Kid)
I wouldn't say invidia is crappy....it is a good exhaust and is a top best rated by science of speed...it does drone a bit but i had minor vibrations not that bad....?? I would try the tp it kills the drone and should bring down the vibrations as well
drone a bit? lol understatement of the year.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 PM

Thanks for the advice. I am actually pretty happy with the invidia, with the exception of the vibrations of course. I will prob just get a tp. I found someone in my area who will sell one to me cheap so seems like a done deal. Once i get this put on i will let you know if it helped. Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by KILLA CAM (The Kid)
No offense but a large portion of SOS product line is supposed real parts that are made by contractors in Taiwan out of the same cheap ass Chinese steel that the ebay stuff is.

The cheapest and probably best fix is to cut your test pipe and add a pre muffler exactly like this one

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-10416/

62 bux for the part + welding = done.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 AM

So i just put a testpipe on yesterday, and it did help with drone a little bit, but did nothing about the vibrations. :/
I read on another thread about some resonator that elimates all drone... maybe ill hed that way..

Quick Reply: Exhaust help?!