S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Inline pro stroker kit

Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

What about K24 swap? Its the same 2.4 L without the rod angle.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id love to go k24, but the ballade swap kit is very expensive. Its probably double the cost to go that route. At that point it does get cost prohibitive. You're in about 4 grand before you even buy an engine or ems or include labor.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:26 AM

my opinion, just get a k24 crank, mill it, get rods and pistons if need be, correct bearings, head gasket, bolts, grey sealer, and any other things you might want to replace (like tct) if you're in there. with ems, those could be your two most expensive baskets to purchase, however i believe a tuner could provide an adequate tune for power and softening it up for long term street use. there is way to clean the block and head deck by not having to pay to machine it. it's at least my goal and attempting to get out cheap as possible reusing stock valve train with ap2 retainers (f20c).
Old 03-03-2014, 04:33 PM

Sounds like you made up your mind,
Spend the money and good luck getting high mileage out of it !
Old 03-04-2014, 12:33 AM

I definitely did. I never said 200k miles btw, lol, I said 70k-100k. I was kidding myself by thinking I wasn't going to buy this kit. Made the purchase today, build should be under way by next week. Just spoke to Justin at Rockstar Garage (my local s2k shop of choice btw, great place), and he is doing the same thing, so at least I'll have someone to go to when I break it.

Looking forward to it. I'll probably be asking more questions eventually. I'm hoping to get a deal on an ems here on the forums at some point in the next few weeks, seeing as how tuning this might get expensive, but I am avoiding trying to go on the cheap anywhere with this. After 15 years of doing this stuff I've finally realized cutting corners ALWAYS leads to headaches. Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to joining the f24c crew.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by mfindigital
I definitely did. I never said 200k miles btw, lol, I said 70k-100k. I was kidding myself by thinking I wasn't going to buy this kit. Made the purchase today, build should be under way by next week. Just spoke to Justin at Rockstar Garage (my local s2k shop of choice btw, great place), and he is doing the same thing, so at least I'll have someone to go to when I break it.

Looking forward to it. I'll probably be asking more questions eventually. I'm hoping to get a deal on an ems here on the forums at some point in the next few weeks, seeing as how tuning this might get expensive, but I am avoiding trying to go on the cheap anywhere with this. After 15 years of doing this stuff I've finally realized cutting corners ALWAYS leads to headaches. Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to joining the f24c crew.

something in your math doesnt make sense. 3.3k total? who is sleeving it for you?
Old 03-04-2014, 01:52 PM

I was told sleeving wasnt required, just honing.
My math makes an assumption that i can find a used kpro and doesnt include tuning.
Crank, pistons, rods (and all associated odds and ends, like bearing, pins, head gaskets, etc.) =1800
Rebuild=1000
Used kpro= hopefully 5-600.
Even assuming i pay more than 600 for the kpro, in still around 3.5k. Pretty good deal if u ask me.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The mahle pistons will fail sooner than later.. not the most reliable option and inline pro doesnt make the rods for use with stock pistons anymore. if you can get someone to rebush them you can use stock pistons.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:10 PM

Is that the brand they are? The website just says cp 12.5:1 pistons.
If i need sleeves, whats a good route for that? I was told that with these pistons i dont need new sleeves, just need to hone.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Where did you find $600 kpro?

Quick Reply: Inline pro stroker kit