S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

my ap1 back on the dyno with a 70 mm throttle body and a stepped intake

Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i contacted Brian crower 2 month ago about the cam gears and they said it will be released very soon this year,also bisimoto said same about releasing camshaft.
would like to see comparison between the BC stage 2 and Skunk 2
Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

b.r.i.a.n have you ever considered putting toda itbs on your car?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ipopvtec
i would consider itb's but not toda. those are way too small. the size at the throttle body is 50mm. for a very efficient header and exhaust, 50mm would be too small for the throttle body size imo. if i were to get itb's it would be kinsler. they offer a wide range of sizes for the f20/22.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by b.r.i.a.n.
Originally Posted by ipopvtec' timestamp='1334705893' post='21617631
i would consider itb's but not toda. those are way too small. the size at the throttle body is 50mm. for a very efficient header and exhaust, 50mm would be too small for the throttle body size imo. if i were to get itb's it would be kinsler. they offer a wide range of sizes for the f20/22.
I know they offer different size trumpets, are different size throttle body sizes available too? I think 50mm is how big the IM holes are. How would you benefit from going bigger?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:10 AM

I know they offer different size trumpets, are different size throttle body sizes available too? I think 50mm is how big the IM holes are. How would you benefit from going bigger?
this may be a bad example since it's tested on a heavily modified motor but you can see the difference between 54mm and 62mm itb's on a larger 2.4 litre motor in this thread:

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60947

on an f20 i think 52 or 54mm would work better especially with aftermarket cams. heck toda offers the same 50mm throttle bodies for the b-series motors and those heads don't flow as good as the f-series lol.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by b.r.i.a.n.' timestamp='1334711522' post='21617931
[quote name='ipopvtec' timestamp='1334705893' post='21617631']
[/quote]

Hmm I was under the impression the toda unit was the best out there. I have heard people that went with jenevy and kinsler that if they could do it over again they would have 100% shelled out the extra money for the toda.

I think I'm going to stay at 2 liters through out my n/a build. As you go to 22 and 23 and 24 things get more complicated. I like the idea of a s2000 being a true 2000cc.

How come you havent pulled the trigger on the itbs yet?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 AM

Hmm I was under the impression the toda unit was the best out there. I have heard people that went with jenevy and kinsler that if they could do it over again they would have 100% shelled out the extra money for the toda.

I think I'm going to stay at 2 liters through out my n/a build. As you go to 22 and 23 and 24 things get more complicated. I like the idea of a s2000 being a true 2000cc.

because of the money. i can spend under 2k and pick up cams, cam gears and valvetrain and know for sure there will be gains. i want to get itb's later down the road but i can't justify spending the 2k+ at the moment for itb's.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by b.r.i.a.n.
Originally Posted by ipopvtec' timestamp='1334761618' post='21619562

because of the money. i can spend under 2k and pick up cams, cam gears and valvetrain and know for sure there will be gains. i want to get itb's later down the road but i can't justify spending the 2k+ at the moment for itb's.
Thats understandable... Do you think you will have more to gain if you get them later down the road?

My goals are similar, but I think I want to do ITBs first before internals because I would like to squeeze every ounce of reliability and mileage out of the stock engine before I touch the internals. Ive always wanted to build a motor from scratch- like in my basement starting from the oil pan up. That being said although I should have stayed stock, I already have intake header exhaust ecu etc. so I would like to work from the outside in.

I always had a feeling that when you open up the motor and play with the inside it just throws away reliability. Intake/exhaust and other supporting mods don't really affect it. I drive street and track so this is important to me. When I do build my own motor however these i/h/e mods can support it just ass well. I hope to have a 300whp n/a s2000 one day.. money permitting.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 AM

Thats understandable... Do you think you will have more to gain if you get them later down the road?

My goals are similar, but I think I want to do ITBs first before internals because I would like to squeeze every ounce of reliability and mileage out of the stock engine before I touch the internals. Ive always wanted to build a motor from scratch- like in my basement starting from the oil pan up. That being said although I should have stayed stock, I already have intake header exhaust ecu etc. so I would like to work from the outside in.

I always had a feeling that when you open up the motor and play with the inside it just throws away reliability. Intake/exhaust and other supporting mods don't really affect it. I drive street and track so this is important to me. When I do build my own motor however these i/h/e mods can support it just ass well. I hope to have a 300whp n/a s2000 one day.. money permitting.
if i could get a set right now i probably would. i would like to see how they perform on a stock longblock as opposed to the stock intake manifold. as far as 300 whp n/a goes, if it can be done but your best bet would be to stroke it.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:27 PM

just a quick update. it has officially been over a year since my car first saw e85. it's still using the stock fuel lines and the stock fuel pump. the entire fuel system is stock minus the injectors. so those of you on the fence about running e85 on a stock fuel system because it's corrosive, don't worry about it lol. you're a-ok.

Quick Reply: my ap1 back on the dyno with a 70 mm throttle body and a stepped intake