S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

OBX ITB and Jenvey Kit comparison

Old 06-29-2011, 07:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chris_barry
Originally Posted by freezingcoffee' timestamp='1309303760' post='20729065

No I would not. The smoothness of the throttles, lightweight flange, and good support from jenvey is good enough for me. If I had another chance, I would of just bought the Toda units. Keep in mind, Toda units are bored 4age throttle bodies with their flange, but they provide everything to just bolt-on.
This is definitely not correct. I specialize in 4age 20 valve race engines and also have Toda ITB's for my F20C. The Toda ITB's are custom units and not rebored 4age bodies. It is not possible to bore either the ae111 or ae101 toyota 4age throttles to fit a 50mm plate without breaking through to the outside.

Some of the early Toda ITB's did use the 4age throttles ( B16 and other engines) but the F20C set I have are their own units.
Thanks Chris, corrected!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I'm planing to install ITB on my AP1 (LHD). The choices I consider are: Jenvey, Toda and custom made Kinsler. I will need a air box as well, I know that Todas box is not 100% bolt on on LHD. Riht now the Kinsler was my first choice, and custom made box.

I have also AEM v2 and I will let some good tuner do the mapping. Right now I found Interpro in UK who are recommending me the Jenvey because they know it, they have done tuning of S2000 with Jenveys before and I can get an air box for my LHD Ap1.

I will use my car mostly for street driving and occasionally on the track. I have also purchased iVtec, this should improve mid range, while the ITB should improve the top RPM range and throttle response.

If we do not consider prices, what choice should I make ? I can go to any location in Europe as long as I get best tuning...
Old 03-05-2012, 01:58 PM

I would go with Interpro, they helped us with our car.
2.2 on Jenveys with omex and it gave 286hp on racefuel, 265 on v-power.

We have a Reviere airbox, but don't use there shoddy spring clip nuts to hold the cover to the backplate, two of ours cracked from vibration, were ingested and destroyed the first engine.

You'll need to cut the mounting holes in the backplate on a slope to clear the front of the bonnet, and remove the reinforcement on the underside of the bonnet too.

Mike
Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by conkers
I would go with Interpro, they helped us with our car.
2.2 on Jenveys with omex and it gave 286hp on racefuel, 265 on v-power.

We have a Reviere airbox, but don't use there shoddy spring clip nuts to hold the cover to the backplate, two of ours cracked from vibration, were ingested and destroyed the first engine.

You'll need to cut the mounting holes in the backplate on a slope to clear the front of the bonnet, and remove the reinforcement on the underside of the bonnet too.

Mike
Pictures please!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 PM

What do you want pictures of?

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/c...7e2fb76aeccb12

hope this video link works, it shows the angle of the backplate required to fit a Revierie airbox and be able to close the hood.

Mike
Old 10-30-2018, 06:33 AM

Default Need Help

Hi All,

Just purchased my first ever Honda, and I'm loving it so far, however after reading the forums and watching videos online and sure in the future I'm going to watch to make more power, however due to my budget I wont be able to follow a supercharger or turbocharger route.

Therefore ITB's seem to be the best way of increasing the performance of the car. However, the kits I've seen on the internet look and seem great, but I'm worried that I will require custom fabrication of mounting brakets or various things, and even an aftermarket ECU...

I have already fitted a Radium dual catch can set up due to the blowby issues, this system need to have a vent to atmosphere filter fitted to work with the ITB's as it wont have an intake pipe to vent into.

In conclusion, does the OBX ITB kit contain everything I need to convert my car to ITB's or do I require a new ECU/tune, and various items such a a new throttle cable/mount, injectors, fuel pump, etc, etc?

Thanks so much!

Dom
Old 10-30-2018, 08:34 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Aftermarket ecu and tuning is an absolute must, this is mandatory for all bigger performance increasing mods.
Toda has the only "kit" that is as close as plug and play that you will get unless someone else pieced together parts for Jenvey/OBX or others.
I suggest you start with a read through this thread for more info https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-na...hread-1168313/
Old 10-30-2018, 08:46 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom Bounty
Hi All,

Just purchased my first ever Honda, and I'm loving it so far, however after reading the forums and watching videos online and sure in the future I'm going to watch to make more power, however due to my budget I wont be able to follow a supercharger or turbocharger route.

Therefore ITB's seem to be the best way of increasing the performance of the car. However, the kits I've seen on the internet look and seem great, but I'm worried that I will require custom fabrication of mounting brakets or various things, and even an aftermarket ECU...

I have already fitted a Radium dual catch can set up due to the blowby issues, this system need to have a vent to atmosphere filter fitted to work with the ITB's as it wont have an intake pipe to vent into.

In conclusion, does the OBX ITB kit contain everything I need to convert my car to ITB's or do I require a new ECU/tune, and various items such a a new throttle cable/mount, injectors, fuel pump, etc, etc?

Thanks so much!

Dom
If budget is a concern then ITB's might not be for you. It's going to require an ECU, tune, FPR, Injectors, Clips, hoses and hardware at a minimum in addition to the OBX kit which isn't the best kit in the first place. Do yourself a favor and pick up some bolt-ons for the car. Leave it that way for a while until you have enough spare cash to be able to do it properly.

You'll also want to check out Flanders build thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automoti...build-1148081/

He goes into great detail about what he needed to do to fit the Jenveys to his car. The OBX is a copy of the Jenveys so you will need to so the same plus some to get everything working.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a plug and play Jenvey/Hayard ITB kit that used to be Feezy's. It will come complete to bolt on. I have a standalone ecu to include with it. There is a tune on it, but you will need to get it dialed in for your altitude. Message me if your interested.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:01 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by pastoli
I have a plug and play Jenvey/Hayard ITB kit that used to be Feezy's. It will come complete to bolt on. I have a standalone ecu to include with it. There is a tune on it, but you will need to get it dialed in for your altitude. Message me if your interested.
If you are serious about ITB's this is a very good solution. Everything is already sorted on this set up, and it's even a Hayward manifold which is superior to the Jenvey manifold in an out of the box, plug and play sense.